My guest is in JAIL!

She knew about it in advance , she just wanted to complain about something because I refused to extend any extras to her . She was hoping her Sugar Daddy was going to meet up with her here and pay for her expenses and meals .He didn’t show up , so she had no money !!! She had no money to go out for meals or to do anythiing , so she wanted me to provide “Snakes and Alcoholic beverages” to her for free , as my other guest reviews had stated how they loved the wine and meals I made for them for being extra special or returning guests and thought she was entitled to Free Meals and Drinks ! No Way Jose !! She wanted Late check out 40mins before she was due to leave ,and to stay until 4 or 5 pm use of the entire house for that time period because she couldn’t check into the next place until then . All of this coming from a Middle aged 50 something educate white woman who was desperate not to pay for anything . I though she was going to lose the rest of her half brain when she found out that he wasn’t coming to meet her or pay for her trip !!
Thank God Airbnb already collected payment !! I replied to her negative review by pointing out that my Listing Clearly states its a shared bathroom and that if she couldn’t figure out that I was a Male Host from my Profile and Pics , she really needed to seek mental help ! All of that and also that she is best suited not to use Airbnb as her needs are for a private Hotel not Hosted Stays or in one of the most expensive cities in the World

2 Likes

As far as I know, no blood test was given. But on another medical update. He should’ve gone to a private doctor or hospital as soon as he was released from jail. The Sheriff’s offered to pay for all his medical bills, but being a stubborn male, he did not go to get medial help right away. The medics at the infirmary had told him he needed an MRI on his head. Well, at the ER, they did a CT scan and his injuries are way worse than first expected. He has multiple orbital fractures (lots of broken bones in his eye socket), a hole in his sinus cavity and he is still bleeding from his nose. He will likely need surgery to repair his skull and face.

1 Like

This is an awful story - poor guy.

1 Like

The police are here to “protect and serve” and I can’t see who they were protecting by beating up a handcuffed drunk. I understand their frustration, and I’m sure he was difficult and mouthy, but how dangerous is someone in handcuffs in the jail already? He went peacefully with the female deputy that originally arrested him. These guards are supposed to be trained to handle these situations. They did not do a good job. Now the entire department is embarrassed by what these 3 thugs did. I’m not anti-police at all. I will not stereotype ALL police into the category of these 3 thugs. I think for the most part, the police are awesome and do great things, it’s just when these black clouds come over head and we all focus on these negatives. Very sad.

1 Like

Do you know the Florida story about John Ashley? He was a bandit and in the 1920s he and three members of his gang were shot fatally by the police. The four men were under arrest and handcuffed.

1 Like

not sure if I answered this, Kona, but Tipsy is NOT black, he’s a white, redneck from Kentucky! Tattooed beer drinking, good ol’ boy! 42 years old, and not a big guy, maybe 5’7" and 160 lbs. I did ASK him, what ethnicity the guards were, thinking that race might have come into play, and he told me that they were all 3 white, and one was Hawaiian, he thinks. But not sure!

thanks - I agree - I can’t help but feel compassion for him. He really did not deserve this.

1 Like

OMG - I did not hear that story, but not surprised at all. Very sad

1 Like

2016 - 1920 = 96 years ago. Slightly different times.

/morning @jaquo

1 Like

Good morning @Mearns!

Different times for sure but Florida is still a pretty weird place. But I love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh - I see. SHE is a PROBLEM! I have dinner and wine with a lot of my guests, occasionally, and honestly, I wish they wouldn’t mention it in the reviews! Because then it comes to be expected. I also raise my own chickens and provide full, hot breakfast sometimes with homegrown, organic pastured chicken eggs. DELICIOUS, big hot breakfast with all the fixings! And then new people EXPECT that! I do not offer breakfast as an amenity anymore - and only make it for those that I WANT to make it for. I find myself asking my better guests, to please not mention things that will be expected by the next guest, ie: dinner or breakfast or wine or even “hanging out” and watching TV. I don’t offer my great room with the 60" TV and upgraded cable. Nor do I offer kitchen privileges or laundry. When I first started AirBnB - I offered everything I could, and all that grew old REALLY quick! NOW, they are welcome to just use the microwave or toaster oven to heat something up, but full blown cooking or BBQing is not allowed. I offer basics, but still more than a hotel offers in a hotel room. I always make coffee and if I FEEL like it, I’ll offer breakfast to the exceptionally nice guests. I GET it what happened with your spoiled rotten guest who EXPECTED way too much! I can totally sympathize with you. BUT, there have been times, when I’ve clashed with guests, but I’ve still sucked up to them and try to be nicer than I want to be - for the sake of the reviews. She sounds DREADFUL - and I have had my share of those! (like the old lady who kept turning my AC down to 68!) Sorry, that happened to you. It might help if you mention to your future GREAT guests, to not mention in DETAIL any extras you give (ie: wine or dinner) - that way future guests won’t come to expect it from you. Just tell those guests that they are special, and you don’t offer it to everyone! :wink: When people have asked for late check outs - I often will let them, but I ask them to vacate their room, pack their belongings and put them in the front room or in their, and I clean up their guest room. ALWAYS tell them you have another guest checking in!

All three of my sisters live there (Orlando) and so true, some Florida areas remind me of the movie Deliverance.

2 Likes

Isn’t 50 just a bit old to be having a sugar daddy?

2 Likes

(Her Sugar Daddy must have thought so too!)

2 Likes

She may be the type that has failed to strike gold yet, but keeps trying.

/good morning Sandy!

1 Like

…‘mornin’…but I’m not up yet, just passing through for a drink of water.

I didn’t finish my dream yet.

2 Likes

You are so right ! Although I don’t mind at all if the guests say how wonderful all the added extra special touches were . Those guests earned it by being great guests . Many of them arrive with a nice little gift from where ever they are from , such as a small chocolate bar or bottle of wine to share and I certainly reciprocate that kindness . I like to think that I earned my 5 star reviews and being a Superhost by going above expectations of my guests . Its the ones that make the demands of it before being offered are the offensive ones . In this one case , this parasite of a woman had issues before even arriving . She is financially dependent on having a Sugar Daddy to pay for her needs . I mean , even though this is San Francisco and we had the Gold Rush, this Gold digger of a guest was too late LOL . Her whole plan was to have Sugar Daddy meet her while she was in the city for a few days and to spoil her . When that didn’t happen , she realized that she would have to really pay for all of her meals and beverages and any activity she wanted to do . She was hoping that Sugar Daddy was also going to stay here with her and pay for the stay too !! So when Sugar Daddy was a no show , she really became agitated in her behavior . She started talking about wanting to move here and live in some type of communal housing and when I said that even the co-housing options in the area were about 2K a month she was really pissed off . She is from Texas where housing is dirt cheap ! She couldn’t understand why they would want to charge her to live there since she was so wonderful LOL . Out here the Communal Housing is very selective and done by general interest groups ,ie, Tech people all living together , Visual Artists Etc . So you can’t just demand to join and tell them you don’t want to pay !! She really did’t know how to handle it when she made some demands and I declined to engage her with it , such as asking about the assorted fruit bowl that on the kitchen counter . She asked if this was also something for the guests and I said yes , and she then went on to say what a small assortment there was and that there should be more variety offered . I pointed out that there were 5 choices and that as it was a bonus and not included in the price of the stay I thought it was more then enough . She did the Same about the Organic Herbal teas , 7 choices and Coffees 3 choices and a fresh pitcher of Iced Tea made daily . I thought her face was going to fall off when I repeated what I said before , that these were just add little extras and were not included in the price of the stay , but that perhaps I should start charging for them and putting up a little donation request or Honor bar sign . This was a Passive bully and she couldn’t believe that I could shut her down quickly in a very polite and mannered fashion . Did she think she was going to bully me ? I ain’t your sugar Daddy Lady !!
Ditto for the last minute late check out request , no , sorry I am unable to offer that option today 40 mins before you are due to check out , without advance notice we are unable to rearrange our entire days schedule , delay arrival of other guests and not do the general house cleaning . I will keep your bag for you until such and such a time , but you are expected to vacate the room and house by the posted check out time and surrender the key . If you would like use of the property after check out time , we do offer the option of a half days room charge . I knew the place she was checking into and they had the same policy , if you wish to check in early , there will be a half days room charge . When she returned to pick up her bag , she was full of complaints about the new place too . I now doubt that any smart host that checks reviews will want to host her .

1 Like

Yes, I think so , it didn’t work on Sugar Daddy and wasn’t going to work on me .
Its not my first time at the Rodeo !!!

1 Like

I don’t think so , I think it can work at any age
she was mid 50’s and I think she said he was in his 70’s
but I think he might soon be an angel if you know what I mean ,LOL

1 Like

Wow! That was funny just to read!! :-o

1 Like