What on earth possesses guests to leave a one star review for such minor inconveniences? I wonder if there were other things going on with her … perhaps she and the tobacco-factory husband had had a flaming row and are on their way to the divorce court …
Anyway, whatever the reason, she gave you a completely undeserved and nasty review and you very naturally feel bruised with the injustice of it all. I’ve forgotten how much time you have to respond, but this what I would do:
- Write what you really want to say (@Barns has some good ideas above) Hone it so it will really ruin her life when you send it.
- Leave it alone for 4 days
- Write another version which is reasoned, balanced and shows what a courteous and reasonable, but firm host you are.
- Leave both reviews for another couple of days.
- Decide which of the two you will send.
At this point the probability is that you will send neither, but you will have got it out of your system and expressed your feelings and you will hopefully be able to move on and chalk it down to experience!