My address book is a disaster - how do you keep your contacts organized?

Here’s why I save guests’ contact info- I get many international guests and as a home-share host, with bookings averaging 10 days, I have a lot of interaction with most of my guests. Many end up feeling like friends, and some I have kept in contact with. And if I ever go to Prague, NZ, Brazil, Germany, France, or any of the other places my guests have come from, I would make contact and hopefully get together with them.

1 Like

Isn’t all that information available on Airbnb? I think you’re creating more work for yourself. You should be able to see past guests’ phone numbers on the older reservations.

1 Like

tag them as guests - or add a custom field marked “guest” or whatever works for you.

Or add “guest” in their name. Many ways to solve it.

1 Like

Thanks, Jackie. I understand why you might think this, but I have had the business for quite a while.

There is a law that came into effect recently in which we have (in Spain) to provide guests contact information to the authorities. So it prompted me to review my address book.

Yep, it was when you said…

So, as I’m sure you know, a large part of any business’s assets is its customer base. I don’t know anyone in business who would be careless enough to leave this asset to the uncertainties of the phone, but that’s just me, of course.

Leaving alone for a moment that most of us here think that you are here to pick our brains (free of charge) regarding an app you’re hoping to develop can I just say that what makes me wonder is why you think that "a pain in the @** to delete contacts one by one " when hosting has so many more challenges that aren’t such a first world problem? Deleting contacts from a phone is such an insignificant thing compared to so much else.

2 Likes

Well that not exactly true, with my Iphone my contacts are saved to the cloud and I can access from my macbook and Ipad. I have them in my CRM but that is cloud based as well. No paper anything. I consider myself a good business person. I do not see a situation where I lost all three of my devices and the cloud goes away

RR

I can unfortunately (maybe I’m just more accident prone that you are :wink: ) but I was talking about having information simply on the phone in an address book, which is what I believe the OP was referring to.

1 Like

I put every reservation on my Outlook calendar. That includes name and phone number as well as other pertinent information. And I also download all reservation data from Airbnb to a spreadsheet. So the information is on our phones, it’s on my computer, and it’s on an external hard drive. I think we’re pretty well covered. I don’t have any trouble at all managing contact and reservation data.

1 Like

The point is that Airbnb can be really glitchy. Sometimes the site is down altogether. Sometimes things disappear. That’s the reason for not assuming what was once there will always be, or that you’ll have immediate access to it when you need it.

3 Likes