Morgan Stanley - IPO

Any day to day fluctuation in the stock price isn’t important to most Airbnb hosts. But certainly stock price is one measure of a company. I’m looking forward to a long and healthy relationship with Airbnb both as a host and as an investor. I think it’s cool that at least some of us got a shot at getting in on the IPO and I don’t care how corny and naive that makes me sound.

2 Likes

Also, the growth has been phenomenal.

Yes, I received a confirmation email during the night. To sell, I called the number in that confirmation email.

And there are probably a whole load of hosts, from outside the US, who are thinking something slightly different.

Just saying like…

JF

2 Likes

No doubt. One thing I’m sure of is that no matter what they did or how they did it there would be some number of hosts unhappy about it.

They don’t owe me anything. I’m just happy their existence and mine converged.

I am delighted to take the money from the IPO, but I don’t see Airbnb actually improving their treatment of hosts. If anything, I expect the pressure of the market to deteriorate their customer service further.

Hello fellow hosts! I’m wondering if someone can fill me in on the Airbnb IPO program for hosts. I’m a long-time super host and have 16 listings on the platform. It seems evident that I was cut off from the IPO opportunity by an employee who intercepted the email outlining the opportunity.

I’m just wondering what I missed exactly. Were host offered the $68 price? How many shares were you able to buy?

I’m considering exactly how to deal with this situation-- and I guess I’m wondering how sticky it is as I don’t even understand how exclusive this offer was. Would my manager have had to plagiarize me as host? I recently updated the property name from my personal name (the way it was for years) to the name of the property.

Yes but the max # of shares to request was 275. Some folks who requested that only got 200, maybe that ended up being the max.

It was limited to US hosts and many US hosts who expressed interest didn’t get any shares. Allocation was prioritized by seniority. So though you say you’re a long time superhost, maybe you didn’t make the cutoff.

What is your evidence of that? There are plenty of folks complaining they didn’t get any emails that don’t seem to have any employees.

Did I read somewhere that multiple listing owners weren’t eligible?

Oh wait, maybe I’m thinking of that covid program they had this past spring?

I subsequently found two emails. One stating news of the offer and one thanking my employee for the registeration and stating that he’d be receiving an email from morganstanleydsp@. Following emails it seems were sent to his private box.

1 Like

So you don’t know if the employee got any shares or not. Because lots of folks expressed interest but never got the invitation from Morgan Stanley to actually buy shares. And even if you did you had to be right on top of it. Literally hours from the time an email was received to the time the window of opportunity was shut. And that’s twice, once to actually request shares with MS and then to actually put in the order after the pricing. This was not a check your email once in the morning and you are in kind of deal. Anyway, your problem is a dishonest employee, not the possible dollars you missed out on with the ipo.

If it’s really overpriced and due to correct you can get in later. But the employee is there now, unless you get rid of them.

Not if you bought it into a ROTH IRA!!! hee Hee!

Well goody for you. What I read indicated that couldn’t be done but whatever, it doesn’t matter now. And I’m not going to go look up the info on the MS site.

My concern is certainly the dishonest employee.
I’m just 'trying to understand if/how egregious this action was.
If confronted I’m sure they will state that they thought the opportunity was available to everyone.
I just do not have enough context to know if that is true or not.

Not true. As repeatedly stated in this thread there are hosts, active members of this forum, who did not get the opportunity to buy shares. They replied to the email indicating interest but didn’t get the email from MS inviting them to buy shares.

Thanks for your clarification on this. Does anyone have an example of the email that was sent from Morgan Stanley? I’m curious to see the lingo in that.

Which one there are multiple ones and some have already been posted in this thread.

ok I must have missed it. I’ll scan again

Except maybe 2-3x more legal spend will surely net them worldwide more integration of them therefore something is going to happen where homeowners/condo owners will have more, and who knows how much more but i do know $$ talks and airbnb will have heaps more now, powers to use of their units through city integrations, heavy increases in taxes for local cities/states (who happen to be broke), ie allowing more units to come on bringing more volume into hands of individuals, while their new “big host” 15% madatory fee for posting anywhere else but their platform (like guests booking through a diff one i think or maybe even those from those airbnb type companies who own floors of units)…they now will pay the mandatory service fee and guests not seeing it (ive never chosen this option) and individual hosts still have option for 3% and guest gets charged ---- this makes individuals more competitive with big companies who have economies of scale — surely they will be able to keep their most important asset, hosts.

In beginning, its all about market share and penetration…so now, its tightening and perfecting to all stakeholders…

and now…the vaccine is APPROVED. this WEEKENd, pfizer will begin delivering. hopefully market responds accordingly

So, hosts will get better service bc this is important…and money will be there…and hopefully prices will increase from bottom up so more $$ comes in for everyone and more and more legitmacy around world where as long as they are controlled and written into laws, 10% of all homes around world will be an airbnb or have ability to.

All about what can happen and if it will and them performing…and im optimistic for the future. HOAs can be bullies and there needs to be a happy medium. Airbnb is good for society. Its not ever going away. So, integrate it and put controls and rules and everyone will just accept it and there will be less issues. Hooray!

pardon my grammar. im exhausted and headed to bed. crazy last two days!

1 Like