More Airbnb Math

I just got an e-mail from Airbnb with subject “Want more bookings? Consider this.”

It praises smart pricing and then says this:

“Your current minimum price is $129. If you changed your minimum price to $75, you could make up to $2045 more in the next 30 days.”

So, I look at the calendar, and I’ve only got 8 free days on the calendar in the next 30 days. I would have to double my rate to make $2045 more in the next 30 days.

I’m interpreting “more” to mean above my current bookings. I suppose they might mean something else, but if they do, I sure wish they’d be up-front about it.

4 Likes

I’m sure its just robot auto generated and take the probability of you lowering you price times days in a month with price and cost etc. They don’t factor in days you’ve already booked or maybe they are factoring in next 30 open days? Just my thought. Either way I’m sure they want your price lower to get as many bookings as they can. Good question.

My favorite Airbnb math is something like “Boost your bookings by 44% for September (or whenever)” when there’s only a couple of days open. Um, yeah, okayyyyy :ok_hand:

Or I am completely booked!

1 Like