Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Mediocre guests that you don’t want to host again

Oh, I totally agree about making cleanliness expectations known, and if I saw guest’s reviews that said they were otherwise good guests, but left quite a mess, I’d respond to their booking request (or if I used IB, in a first message to the guest) saying the only thing that would make me reticent about accepting their booking were the mentions of a mess left behind in their past reviews, and ask if they now understood that it’s expected that guests clean up their personal messes.
I was more responding to telling a repeat guest, only after they arrive, that “you know you left it a mess last time” and that you expect better. That’s what I think wouldn’t go over well.

It truly does. For me anyway. :slight_smile:

We expect “some mess” for every guest. It is part of the game and it is not reasonable to expect otherwise.

Only one guest in 4-5 actually leaves more mess than one would expect. They still get 5 stars if there is nothing serious (smoking, stains, house rules, disturbance, etc).

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!