Masters Degree Research

Hello All,
I am a master student doing research on Gig Economy workers and how they save for retirement. Specifically I am looking at whether Gig workers, whether Uber, Air BnB etc, would like to be able to save a portion of their earnings towards retirement.

I would appreciate if you would allow me to post a short survey, less than three minutes, here for people to complete.

If this okay with this community I would like to do that over the course of the next few days.

Can you please contact one of the moderators for permission.

I’m not sure many of us would class ourselves as being Gig Economy workers though…

1 Like

I’m fine with people posting their requests for research. I always check the links and if suspicious I’ll delete them. Anyone who isn’t interested can scroll on.

1 Like

Personally I resent being called a “Gig economy worker”.

3 Likes

@KenH - This is a catch all term for individuals which earn a portion or all of their income from working with Uber, Air BnB, Lyft, Door Dash, etc…

And as personal note to you I won’t use it in the survey. I will post up the survey later and I really hope I can as many replies as possible from you and everyone on the forum.

Thanks very much will have it up later.

@KKC, I am trying to submit the post with the survey link but am unable to due to not be able to submit a post with a link in it. Is there a limit I need to achieve in order to unlock this function?

With some new members, yes. Send the link to me via PM and I can post it. Click on my forum name to bring up my profile and you will see a link there to message me.

Pardon me for this but I don’t have the option to PM you or anyone on the forum. Can you PM me instead please.

1 Like

There is a block on third party links from newbies, or else all sorts would join just to promote their latest product/service/survey.

Hence @Joan suggesting you ask permission from the mods first.

Here is the link for any forum members interested in helping out. It’s short and simple.

I don’t know it feels more like someone collecting information in order to sell a retirement product to hosts than a master’s thesis, from the questions. Perhaps just bad question construction.

2 Likes

I agree with you. Much more like market research for a product in the making than for academic purposes.

Full Disclosure.

I attend IE Business school and am completing an MBA. The capstone project at IE Business School is to create a business plan. My business idea is to make retirement savings for people within the sharing economy easier. The service will allow people to save a portion of their earnings automatically from their platform job into a retirement plan.

So this is why the research I am doing sounds like I am trying to launch a business idea. At the school we need to go through the process of completing the business plan and part of that is doing market research. I essentially need to know if this idea is worthwhile pursuing.

Thanks and if you have any questions regarding my research please feel free to ask any questions.

In fact this is for academic purposes and is part of the research process. You are right that it does seem like I am researching for a product in the making because the university I attend requires that we create a business plan for our capstone project.

Due to this we need to try our best to get some real market research from people within this field of work.

So my apologies if this seems like I am trying to launch a business idea instead of doing real research. However, the school I attend, IE Business School, requires us to write a business plan and this is the idea I am working on.

I hope this soothes any fears you might have about the survey and if you’ve completed it thanks very much.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

It’s a very small base of respondents. More like a focus group. If in fact that is what you want.

Hi Mandi,

As this is a research project for school the opinions of your group would be more than welcome.

Can you please let me know how we can go about getting them to complete our survey?

It’s only 6 questions and will take about 2-3 minutes to complete.

If no one is responding that means they aren’t interested. We have no way to “get them” to respond.

2 Likes