Marriott, Intercontinental, Kimpton eliminating travel size amenities

Thought this was relevant given our discussions here about large bottles & wall mounted dispensers vs wasteful tiny travel bottles. For the sake of the environment, I’m happy to see this.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it. But I will miss using them for the gym :slight_smile:

1 Like

can you just refill the little bottles?

Of course I could refill them with something else but very fiddly.

It’s not the end of the world I can just buy smaller bottles of my regular brand.

First world problems indeed :slight_smile:

That is good news for the environment! Article says, “Both budgetary and environmental concerns are at the heart of the shift.” Knowing hotel chains, it’s more budgetary but now they have a good excuse.

Just an update:

1 Like

Confession time. When I travel for work I take the minis & use them in my Airbnb. Also when I’m lucky to get premium small sizes like Beekman 1802 (Crowne Plaza) they are a nice gift bag addition.

[https://beekman1802.com/]

One of the owners used to work for Martha Stewart and the owners had a show for one season on A&E(maybe ???). One look at the website & you see the Martha Stewart influence.

I understand why they are being eliminated but I will miss minis.

I stayed at a hotel recently that had the nice wall mounted pumps. I didn’t like them. I think In an Airbnb where there is a level of trust it is ok. I don’t have that trust for a corporate entity.

Why not? Here is the useless make up mirror in my hotel bathroom this morning. I couldn’t get close enough to it to use the magnifying side and I’m 5’4”. Only the top half of my head is visible Shame I’m not 6 ft tall.

The higher end hotels have the attention to detail to make it work. I don’t think the others can—just oh please, half the time vending machines don’t work and those produce revenue