Looking for source small quantities of "sanitation" bags for clean drinking glasses

Does anyone have a source in Canada or the USA for those little paper or glassine bags that you wrap a clean glass on a bathroom vanity or bedside table to signal the guest that the glass has been cleaned, and isn’t just a leftover from the previous guests.

These are easier to find and possibly cheaper. They’re available lots of places.

1 Like

How would that fit over a glass?

It’s what a lot of hotels use. One paper coaster per glass, the clean glass turned upside down on it.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. But I don’t see how that would necessarily give a guest the impression that it was clean and sanitized.

Easily as much as a bag would.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I’m not too worried about cost (as long as it isn’t “minimum order 10,000”), and I think the bags send a stronger signal, esp in the bathroom, where it isn’t just drinking glasses, but also a toothbrush holder that looks something like THIS:

1 Like

Well, personally I wouldn’t care either way, and if I had any doubts about whether a glass was clean, I would just wash it with soap and water before using. :wink: I’m just thinking about guest perception, but it also wouldn’t occur to me that such a thing was necessary. Certainly none of my guests has ever expressed any concern over whether the cup or glass I put in their room is clean.

@Spark Curious as to why are you wanting to do this? Seems like just more unnecessary plastic waste. If a toothbrush holder wasn’t clean, wouldn’t it have toothpaste and slime on it? How about getting someone to sew up some little reusable white cotton covers that can be washed with “sanitized” embroidered on them?

2 Likes

The bags I want are not plastic… paper.

1 Like

If you have a the skills and machinery to make these bags I’ll be first in line to be your customer. (They would also need to have “Please toss in laundry hamper” embroidered as well.)

It’s still wasteful @Spark

1 Like

It’s only wasteful if it serves no purpose.

Many of my guests tell me that one thing they worry about quite a bit with Airbnb is cleanliness, and many cite disappointing experiences with properties that – while not filthy – did not live up to their own hopes and standards in small but significant ways. Anything I can do to reassure them – above and beyond a really thorough scrub – gives them a more pleasant, relaxed stay, and that’s what these wrappers do – they offer reassurance.

Just remember that a toothbrush holder that is tall and skinny will be VERY hard to wash if the toothpaste scum dries in the bottom unless it can go into the dishwasher. I learned that the hard way (no guest refund involved, just my dissatisfaction), so I’m switching to these open ones and hope they don’t rust: Stainless toothbrush holders

2 Likes

I suggest using something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/100-pack-Sandwich-Snacks-Cookie-Popcorn/dp/B08L3SXNGB/ref=asc_df_B08L3SXNGB/

They come in a variety of sizes. If you don’t want to order on Amazon you could get them at hobby/craft stores or Walmart.

I suggest individually wrapped toilet paper rolls for the same effect.

I started putting a new roll of TP in for each guest before the pandemic. Then I take what is left of the roll and use it in my part of the house. Unlike a glass, a guest can’t easily clean a TP roll. And a we all know 100% that a used TP roll was touched by someone who had relatively unclean hands. Just before the pandemic I started buying individually wrapped rolls including some that are bamboo.

2 Likes

Same.
(And… to be totally nutty, same with paper towels in kitchen).

1 Like

Obviously I don’t think it’s nutty at all. I think it’s an extremely economical and easy way to signal, perhaps subliminally, that the rental is clean. For folks who do their own cleaning and can use the remainders themselves it’s a no brainer.

I do think you missed the point I made. Hotels use the little round paper coasters.

My husband and I ran a business that had us traveling nearly every weekend. We’ve stayed in a lot of hotels. I’ve seen the little paper coasters hundreds of times.

Also, we buy toilet paper from a janitorial supply company. Usually 48 or 60 rolls in a case. Much cheaper. They are all individually wrapped.

So do you buy individually wrapped toilet rolls?

Or cover/wrap them with something like the bags above?

Yes…

1 Like

What do you think of this alternative?