Looking for help figuring out Math for rating

So an earlier topic was talking about your Airbnb ratings and mine hasn’t budge for years. I decided to figure out the actually counts and do the math but I can’t figure it out.

Airbnb says my ranking is 4.92

Here’s my numbers:
373 total reviews
346 5 star
24 4 star
3 3 star

How would I go about figuring this out?

1 Like

(346 x 5) + (24 x 4) + (3 x 3) = 1835

1835 / 373 = 4.91957

3 Likes

Like this:

346 stays x 5 * ratings = 1730 “ratings points”
24 stays x 4 * ratings = 96 “ratings points"
3 stays x 3 * ratings = 9 “ratings points"

346 + 24 + 3 = 373 total stays

1730 + 96 + 9 = 1835 total “ratings points"

1835 total “ratings points" / 373 stays = 4.91957… (rounded to 4.92) average “ratings points” per stay

2 Likes

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I have 367 reviews that are 5 star over 5 years
I just received my first 1 star
Will this 1 bad review knock me out of Superhost status?

How many reviews in the last 12 months?

No.

Don’t think it matters right now, we’ve only had one Airbnb review in the past ten months and still got SH. But hey, it’s Airbnb, consistency isn’t their forte!

As long as your Cancellation Rate, Response Rate and overall Rating meets the criteria you’re good. I think.

JF

No, they are still counting ratings over the past 12 months. What they aren’t counting is number of stays or days booked.

@EVANE You have to look at your average over the previous 12 months, not 5 years.

To be clear, your rating isn’t really over the past 12 months, it’s over the the current quarter plus the previous 3 quarters.

If you’re looking at the next Superhost assessment (starts April 1, 2021) , then you can only count reviews between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021. (i.e. not from Jan 29, 2020 to Jan 28, 2021).

BTW, I read on Airbnb that they count reviews based on the date the review is submitted instead of the checkout date of the reservation associated with that review, which is a change from a couple years ago.

And they do all of the math for you. You can go to Performance and then to Superhost and then change the dates for the period if needed and you can see how it has been counted. If the 1-star just came in, you might have to wait a few days for it to be accounted for.

It’s been like that since I started hosting in late 2016. That’s why hosts don’t necessarily get notice that they’ve made Superhost until 14 days after the assessment date. If you had a stay that ended Dec 31st, they wait until that review is posted to do the Jan1 assessment.

Right, but Airbnb says it’s not that way any more:

• Maintained a 4.8 overall rating (this rating looks at the past 365 days of reviews, based on the date the guest left a review, not the date the guest checked out)
1 Like

Oh, I see what you mean. I misunderstood what you were saying.