Long term cancellation policy

It is confusing if you are new to LTRs. I had to read it over a few times. I see why @AirbnbRS was confused. “Cancellation Date” is the date “Notice is given” (it’s referring to a VERB - an action- rather than a NOUN - a date/time). Seems an easy fix to clarify or use less confusing verbiage.

I don’t know who comes up with their verbiage, but it’s so often unnecessarily confusing. It’s like they have no clue how to explain things in a simple way that anyone could understand.

The “prep time” setting is a good example. It says “Block one night before and after a reservation”. I’ve read so much confusion about this from hosts, because logically that sounds like it would block 2 nights in a row- one after booking A and one before booking B.

But what they don’t explain anywhere is that the “night after” doubles up as the “night before”. So why on earth not just say “Block one night between bookings”, which is exactly what that setting does? Why come up with such an obtuse wording that confuses everyone?