London host ordered to repay over £100k profits

Is English your first language? The article I posted was to demonstrate where I had probably heard it. Not to “counter” your argument. Please don’t reply to my posts, you obviously don’t get nuance or have a sense of humour.

2 Likes

Like others who know how difficult it is to get social housing in England even for people/families who meet all the housing criteria and are living in awful B&Bs that are totally unsuitable especially for children, this case made me very cross. The person concerned should be in jail. Abuse of social housing is unfortunately not new but this seems to be a new but, I suppose, predictable dimension.

1 Like

How incredibly rude @JamJerrupSunset I would have to say from your remark that neither do you!

I worked for NSW Dept of Housing for over 20 years on the north coast. The area included Byron Bay. There was quite a scandal where tenants who were paying 20% of their government income in rent were vacating their homes over the Six week Christmas holiday period and renting them out. It turned out that a member of parliament had rented the house paying $4000 a week. Needless to say they were evicted for fraud as they could not sublet!
Another sublet for market rent while the rent she paid was $60 per week and took herself off on a world trip. How did the dept find out… the subletting tenant came in wanting some serious maintenance done as he was paying this expensive rent…she also had her lease terminated.

1 Like