Location star ratings

They average everything! Some guest didn’t like the Christmas week price and gave me a 2 star on value - she wanted her 3 children to stay for free! So 91% think my place was great value…

Yup Scratch my head with this one. The map CLEARLY indicates the location, we say in our blurb that we’re 20 mins walk out of town, the guest books knowing this then dings me due to location. it’s madness.

Either the location rating needs to be more clearly defined as to what the guest is rating it on or ABB needs to drop this bemusing facet.

A recent guest review: ‘Thank you for our stay, the location was absolutely stunning and the views were amazing. Lovely romantic get away! Would definitely stay again’.
They gave 5 stars overall but only 4 star rating on location! Guests sometimes say wonderful things about the location but it doesn’t always translate into stars :frowning:

Can I ask, has anyone successfully had a review removed because of unreasonably low stars for location?

I just got a One Star for location, as well as only 3 stars for Check-in (reason given ‘hard to find’ which I believe is also location). We are in a very remote location and this, together with instructions to get there, are very clearly flagged in the listing. So there is nothing inaccurate about the listing.

1 Like

As an update, I successfully got this review taken down by demonstrating that it was disproportionate and inaccurate, given the clarity of the posted directions and the multiple warnings about the one-way winding mountain roads on approach, which needed to be read prior to booking. A win with customer service!!

4 Likes

This old topic has passed us by in our housekeeping.

Closing now.