Local booking issue

Okay. Maybe I wasn’t clear. I was referring to getting a sense of a guest I’m going to be sharing my home with, not whether I would accept or decline them. In fact, I have never declined a request.

But a guest who has taken the time to do a little profile write-up, has several good reviews, and sends an informative message along with their request is going to get " Hi XX, so glad you found my listing. Thanks for the request, accepted. Look forward to meeting you", in return.

A guest who has no profile info, no reviews and whose message only says “Arriving at noon” is going to get some questions and dialogue before I click on accept.

2 Likes

You’re very welcome. Yes, it does need softening. My NYC lack of patience showed there, didn’t it. :wink:

I didn’t use IB as a shared home host for the longest time. Then this Forum helped me gather the courage, so to speak. I love, love, love IB. It has made my life so much easier. I can still message with the IB guests and get a feel, but most of them write that they’ve read the HR and are looking forward to meeting the cat. I’ve only had to cancel a couple because… parties… or locals who had weird things going on. It’s been a big boon to my business.

4 Likes

Hmmn, rather than trying to direct the behavior of the guests, maybe put it down to your own limitations as hosts. It’s sometimes better to give the impression that you are constrained by external forces and are asking for the guests’ understanding.

"Let our shared home listing be your base for exploring the reef and rainforest, and enjoying the shops, restaurants and local activities.

Your bedroom has a queen bed, bar fridge, laptop desk, table & chairs and super quiet air conditioning for your downtime.

Due to our schedules and work demands, we may be in and out and not have much time to socialize with guests, but we are happy to answer a question or make a recommendation. We respond promptly to messages if we’re not about."

2 Likes

I use IB as a home share host but only take guests with verified ID and a clear profile photo and have four IB questions they need to complete @KKC

1 Like

May I ask what your 4 questions are Helsi? Also, has the situation arisen where you’ve received an IB and the photo isn’t clear enough? If so, how do you manage that?