Loan based on future revenues

Hi I’m new here but have been hosting for a year. I tried to get a small business loan from my bank and they asked me “What is Airbnb” Has anyone had any luck getting a loan using Airbnb revenue as a source for repaying?

I haven’t tried, but I would be surprised if you were successful. As I said on another post; there are so many factors that could reduce Airbnb income. Some factors are local laws, local competition, your ratings as a host, etc.

3 Likes

I tried and failed despite showing them a very healthy ‘future transactions’ printout…

I would not give a loan based on a “future transactions” print.
Especially when it is from 1 single source.

Most banks expect at least 3 years of history, and a forward plan.

And as a bank I would expect you to have a good amount of guests from multiple sources. And AirBnB-only based income is too much of a risk.

Sorry @Chris, my reply was too simplistic. My loan application included my full set of accounts from the past four years from my accountant along with a clean credit history, no debt and a mortgage free home. Times are tough and banks are extra wary right now (here in New Zealand anyway…)

http://airhostsforum.com/t/payfully-co-get-paid-now-for-upcoming-reservations/6953/1

That is very strange.
Here in Europe you would be the favorite target for Banks.

A mortgage free home, would be the perfect security for a loan.

1 Like

Times are tough everywhere. In US mortgage laws became even more harsher in August. After what happened here with real estate market crashing