Listing paused complaint about security camera

Are you using your cellphone? Try a desktop instead.

I am on a desktop with the airbnb website and the checkboxes do not remain checked.

@Rolf Once youā€™ve made whatever edits you want (if any), check the boxes and save. If you click edit again the boxes will not be checked because presumably youā€™re making changes and must reaffirm youā€™re still compliant with their rules. Make sense?

2 Likes

thank you I found it and fixed it and updated it

1 Like

THIS is why programming folks are a mystery (at least to me) - yes, it makes sense, but everywhere else in my listing, anything that is checked / indicated / chosen is shown as checked etc. LOL I hope you are right on this -

2 Likes

LOL, I feel you ;-). To make it more intuitive, when you click on ā€œeditā€ they could show the boxes as checked and grayed out but only clear them if you click in the description box (indicating you may be making a change to the content),

My listing has a locked storage room. One of my rentals depended upon being able to lock 2 bikes. Listing was small so no room inside. The bikes fit in the storage room balanced on rear tires ā€œstandingā€ & front tire propped against shelving. Mission accomplished. Rental booked. $$made.

1 Like

Make sure all security cameras are not in the line of sight of the room entrance door

Whether you agree or not itā€™s the house rules not to bring bikes inside.

2 Likes

Do you mean not looking at the front door? Why would that be? Would capture a break and enter or count of people.

Did the bikes cause any damage? Was enforcing your rules worth the hassle?

Have previous bikes caused damage?
Curious why the rule in the first placeā€¦

RR

1 Like

Are you suggesting that hosts should simply allow guests to ignore house rules, in case enforcing them should cause the guest to file a bogus revenge complaint?

3 Likes

I am suggesting that we pick our battles. I have had the conversation about bikes inside here before and I personally think it is a bit over the top to tell a guest they cannot bring a bike inside. A solution looking for a problem.

I think some hosts have way too many rules. Thatā€™s why I asked was there damage, has there ever been damage.

Most guests are great, I do not worry about damages and I have never had to ask AirBnb for money or to resolve an issue with a guest.

Maybe I am just lucky

RR

I have had damage.
Dinged and scratched walls from pedals.
Filthy tyres on my hand made Persian rugs.
There is a massive verandah where the bikes could be locked to the railing, out of sight, or put back in their vans!

1 Like

Iā€™ve never had damages either nor had to deal with Airbnb over any guest issues. The very few things that came up were resolved amicably between myself and the guest. And having raised 3 kids, Iā€™m well versed in picking my battles.

I agree that hosts need to weigh whether itā€™'s worthwhile taking a guest to task for something during their stay, or just saving it for the review.

Bike tires are dirty. The guest can ding up the walls by leaning their bike against it. Some hosts may have an appropriate place to store bikes inside, a tiled entryway, a garage, a mud room. But there are plenty of house layouts where it could be a problem.

1 Like

I was kind of surprised that one guest brought his bike into my new entryway with hardwood floors. No damage done, but I can tell you I would have asked before doing that and lugging it up about 16 steps to get to the door. Could have been chained on the porch and no one would have noticed.

1 Like

I have a bias about bikes I guess, it comes from years of being a cyclist and being hated by many car drivers. Drivers who think I do not have a right to the road and they should never ever have to slow down and wait for it to be safe to pass. Drivers who lay on the horn as they pass, drivers who are texting and not paying attention. I have 7 bikes in my house right now and no damage to walls, carpets or anything else. The garage is for cars.

RR

Shoes are dirty. Luggage dings up walls and doorways. Luggage pulled up the wood steps bangs them up. So there is that.

RR

1 Like

RiverRock you have a bee in your bonnet. It is the house rules end of story, do not need to justify. If guests decide to ignore house rules that is disrespectful.

AirBnb have said a guest said the outdoor camera faces a bedroom. This is a false accusation as it faces a back gate. It points away from the house.

Very vindictive because they didnā€™t get their way?

2 Likes

So no answer about damages. My house my rules is the answer. Yes I have a bee in my bonnet.

You do you.

RR