Lesson learned on allowing change of dates to allow guest to avoid cancelation penalty

It’s a disgrace that airbnb allow this. I didn’t even check at the time but figured as much.

1 Like

Thank you for that tip! You’re such a smart Host!

Omg YES! I love this and your smart brain!

What is your cancellation policy. This is what I’m confused about. How does one get a refund back a month out? Doesn’t airbnb not charge them off their credit card in that instance? They wouldn’t be getting extra refund money from it if they haven’t even checked in yet a month before? I keep hearing about scams with refund cancels but not sure how they work in terms of the guest getting extra money with canceling

Moderate is not so bad and a happy medium

1 Like

My cancellation is moderate. In this case they were seeking a refund within a view days of the stay.

i would have seen that one coming :slight_smile:

Would the host need to have the strict cancellation policy instead of flexible or moderate for your strategy to work?

I think Flyboy’s cancel and rebook is more straightforward; you don’t have to “change” the price, and their refund will be auto-limited based on whichever cancellation policy you have.
I’m flexible cancellation, so I don’t have a dog in this fight . . . In my case, very few people cancel, about once a year, probably a function of me getting a lot of short notice bookings.

1 Like