Length of Time befor Short Term becomes Long Term?

That could be that you don’t allow same day bookings. My IB bookings are very often the same day. I had very few guests that inquire despite the fact that it’s IB. Majority just book without asking first. But you will have guests that will book ahead even with IB. Some people will have problem with sending their IDs. And then if they booked and you can’t let them stay without ID, then you will have to cancell and its never good for a host.
I would definitely write in big letters that you need their driver license to be able to get them into the building.

Thank you for your advice. I will make sure that the ID requirement is in my house rules.

1 Like

Oh it’s true kona. I had a guy try to squat on me once. I was told the Florida occupancy laws by my lawyer.i think the guy must e had outstanding warrants cuz he hustled on out when I threatened to call the sheriff.

What time period did the lawyer give Stephanie? Thirty days?

3 days and clothing hanging in a closet.

1 Like

Wow… are you serious? I wonder if Florida hosts know this??? They should also consider sending a contract for guests to sign as well… Did the lawyer say that the AirBnB contract is binding or no?

That is a bit scary!

this was before i was with airbnb. i was a couchsurfing host. stopped doing that because of more and more deadbeats on the site. i should send mike a message and ask him about it with airbnb.

1 Like