Leave public response or not?

It wasn’t just that he had failed to show up on 3 previous occasions, it was that I was miles from home without the key, and he had already arranged the night before to collect it that evening (he said he would be studying all afternoon). It was a sudden unexpected request and he seemed fine with my response that I would inform him when I got home but that was unlikely to be very soon as I had an appointment. Airbnb are extremely unlikely to remove anything for inaccuracy according to the reps I spoke to, she is the same girl in his profile picture and facebook profile picture, she shared a single bed with him and so I think I’m pretty safe there. I only used the word blonde as I had a female guest with black hair staying in the house so it was a surprise to me that there was a blonde in the house, no offense to blondes but I get your point, I will remove that word.

I gave him the worst review I have given any guest, dropped him several stars in every category, didn’t select the recommended thumbs up. At the time I was thinking losing/forgetting your keys could happen to anyone (it happened to a previous guest who was lovely and is now a facebook friend - I still feel guilty about mentioning it in her review) and maybe he was used to university accommodation, where everyone sneaks others in, I probably did the same when I was young. I thought that exam stress was maybe a bit much for him and maybe he was having a bad month, I’m always looking for the positive in people. I did mention both the keys and sneaking girlfriend in. If he had left me a glowing review I would have had no problem with him.

Thanks for all the advice so far guys, every single one of you has given me some useful tips that I will incorporate into my final response so I appreciate your input.

1 Like

His wording was worse than that, “he was going for a ‘stroll’”, the future tense which makes it sound like I was at home when he called but decided that I should go for a stroll rather than meet up with him

No matter what people do in college dorms that’s not what he signed up for on your listing! Stop trying to look for the good or anything else in people, just accept them for what they are, which in this case is a disrespectful, careless person on the take!

1 Like