Laundry king size sheets

Does anybody clean a 3 story 4 bedroom 3 bathroom home? If so, do you do all the laundry yourself or have it done at a laundromat?

I have a 2-story, 4-bedroom, 2 bathroom home. I don’t envy you that extra flight of stairs or bathroom to clean, but the rest is pretty comparable!

I launder everything at home. A laundromat saves time because you can do multiple loads concurrently (and in their big washers), but I was put off by transporting everything and sitting in the laundromat for the full cycle. Plus I don’t have all my potions for stains handy.

For my household and schedule it’s easier to “launder forever” than to take a couple hours of dedicated time at the laundromat.

But it sounds like you might have someone do it at the laundromat? Do they charge per item or weight? That makes hanging in the laundromat a non-issue, but still a lot of schlepping things back and forth! My only other concerns would be how attentive they are to stains and turnaround time.

1 Like

I have two level house with 6 bedrooms (4 king beds) & 5 bathrooms. I use a laundry service that picks up and drops off. Pressed sheets on hangers. First year did everything myself, including ironing the king sheets. Working full time and doing all that on my own was not smart for my situation and impacted my quality of life. The best decision I’ve made was to contract out the cleaning and laundry.

2 Likes

I have a Speed Queen washing machine and dryer which are bigger than domestic machines, and an extra large outdoor clothesline.

1 Like

BurmaPark, thank you so much that’s what I started doing but now have to convince the main host/homeowner that it’s just better all around to do it that way and cheaper.
Actually it’s (2) 3 story townhomes that are connected with a big patio. One is 4 bed 3 bath and one is 3 bed 4 bath. Some days one is rented other days both, not to mention when both have check out/in’s on same day it can get well…let’s just say long and tiring. He suggested that first thing I do when I arrive is strip all the beds leave and bring in laundromat then go back and start cleaning, leave to go back and put stuff in dryers, leave to go back and clean more and then go back to fold and bring them back to the homes. Cleaning for an Airbnb rental is new to me. So it would be very helpful if I could get some more perspectives on this and also how much should someone like me be getting paid hourly?

You need more sheets and towels.
Take clean sheets and towels with you, make the beds and clean the place then take the washing away when you leave and get it washed in time to take back with you the next day.
As to how much you should be paid, that depends on where you are.

Dallas m, TX.
Last month I used the laundry device that would come pick up all the dirty, inspect and treat stains, would notify me immediately if any damage to them, and they would deliver it all folded, sorted and wrinkle free. The homeowner though that it costs to much. I think it worked out great and I would love to be able to convince him that it would be better to keep doing it that way. I don’t have anywhere to store clean ones only at the properties we do. Being a single mom also makes the laundry service even more appealing. How do I convince him of that? Thank

To determine if laundry service makes financial sense, I would calculate how many hours it would take you to perform the task mutiply by your hourly compensation - if it cost more for you to do it then the laundry service, it should convince him as he’s saving money. I live in Ontario, Canada and cleaning service costs me $28.00/hour and linen service cost me $2.25 per sheet and $0.78 per pillow case plus $25 per month for pick up and drop off service. I believe the USA tends to have lower costs (just an assumption and I could be wrong) then Canada but that may be due to exchange rates which can typically range from 25-30% or one Canadian dollar is worth $0.70-0.75 USA.

I have an extra set of sheets for each bed and am working on yet another set for each. Plus the beds are the same size. And having long term guests helps too.