Last minute booking and a no show!

You can now. There is a very new group booking policy similar to splitting the bill in a restaurant where individual group members that are booking your place have 48 hours to pay. In the meantime your calendar is blocked for 48 hours to give everyone in the group a chance to pay their share. I suppose if everyone doesn’t pay up the res in cancelled. Seems like a bad deal for hosts.

Hello! I got a response from Airbnb, am quite annoyed… when I accepted the guests booking it blocked off my calendar and I couldn’t cancel the request as I’ve mentioned before. But here is the response I got:

1 Like

If there is no question that the calendar was blocked, then I’d reply back that the rep. must be mistaken. The previous rep. told you that they have now cleared your calendar. And copy and paste back what the previous rep. told you. If there was never an “accepted” booking, then why did the other rep. say “the dates are available again for guests to book.”

Well…at least you know their response and how they reps. are willing to lie straight to your face. Such a shame

Oh…and really appreciate the update too.

1 Like