Keeping guests entertained

We rent out our downstairs in a split ranch. They have a private key code entrance, 2 BRs, full bath w/ large walk-in shower, a living room and kitchenette w/ a built in bar. They also have access to a very large patio, with comfy furniture, the adjacent garden and an acre of land (and a tire swing).

We had a pool table but I want to use the space for retreats so we no longer have that. I used to have a dart board that got used often. I know this because my entire wall was covered with holes. :-). I eventually took it down, repaired the wall and replaced it with a wall-mounted TV.

We also have scrabble, multiple decks of cards (should someone take it with them), a 7-in one suitcase of backgammon, checkers, etc, Taboo for inside. We have corn hole, hoola hoops, bocci ball, tennis rackets and balls for outside. No one has ever mentioned any of the games and to my knowledge, no one has ever used the outdoor games (we have an acre and live on a dead-end street with only 2 neighbors so tennis can be played as we did as kids).

Speaking of kids, we have a coloring book with mandala designs and that gets some use from kids and adults. We keep lots of crayons, coloring pencils, pencils and pens w/ paper.

For TV we have Amazon Prime with a bunch of free movies/tv shows on the Plex app. We also have Amazon Alexa for music, games, directions, trivia, news. Books. A wall full of them. Fireplace (electric). I also have an older netbook I leave downstairs for any guests who want a laptop. No one has stolen it yet! I once walked out on my patio and got a wave from my guest who was using it. I was so delighted, even if I was in my bathrobe and caught off guard someone was up and out at 7am!

Overall, I get the impression these additions go unused most of the time, but noticed and appreciated. So perhaps they like our place better because of simply having the option. It wasn’t hard to supply because they are things we have and use ourselves!

3 Likes

Wow! You have lots of fun games available, if your guests decide to stay-in and relax.

I agree with you that despite many of your games are unused, it gives your guests the impression you provide all opportunities to make their stay more enjoyable.

we have exploding kittens and cards against humanity. Both popular.

1 Like

Love it, love it, love it!

Excellent choice! My daughter gave me these last Christmas, and they have proved to be very popular in our house - best played after some alcohol has been consumed :slight_smile:

JF

1 Like