Just venting really

I agree, doesn’t look bad. I had a guest, single person from Europe, rented my 3 bedroom house for 3 nights, review was great, here’s his review " I had a great stay at Ping’s place. The house was clean and had everything you’d need for a short or long trip to Vegas. Would recommend to pretty much everyone!" Then give me a 4 star on value. WTH? he choice to rent a 3 bedroom 2 and half bath house for himself then give me a 4 star value.

1 Like

That’s the problem with any type of rating system. It’s subjective, and you do not know the person giving it. I had the same situation - family of three, asked for a big discount for a week stay, I agreed, then shortened their stay to four nights and got grouchy when I would not hold to the week-long price and marked us down a star for value.

1 Like

Your listing looks fabulous but we’re in a similar situation. (But it’s not as good as yours). But it’s a gorgeously peaceful location with fabulous water views yet a few minutes (driving) to the beach and the best restaurants, galleries and shopping in the city. There are fascinating museums too and lots of activities.

I’ve lived here on this street for over twenty years and have never wanted to live anywhere else. But nevertheless we still get clobbered for location from time to time. Crazy.

2 Likes

I thought it was a great review and well done to yourself. The whole idea of travel is to see and experience different places, communities etc. Never apologise or feel bad for where you live. I would feel more than comfortable staying at your place in this supposedly run down area. Well done to you!