Just listed new property, suggestions welcome

new condo

My second property. This is a ski in ski out condo in Aspen CO, bought it in april gutted it and did a massive remodel. It is listed for sale, but i wont show it when I have guests.
Would love feedback.

The pictures were taken prior to realizing i would rent it. The idea was to sell it quick but have not been able to do that yet.

As a real estate broker I would say either sell it, or use as an STR/rental but not both. Not fair to guests if they get cancelled on because the property sells.

RR

Beautiful job! Makes me want to tear down my bathroom to the studs. It’s more white than I personally like and I’d try to add some color for warmth in the pics. Maybe add some pics taken at night with the lights on inside when the skiers are actually going to be there. (comments on pics for Airbnb, not sale)

2 Likes

It doesn’t sound like any guest would be canceled on just because it is for sale.

1 Like

Would add some color. All the white makes it look sterile in my opinion. Does one of the bedrooms have a window? Show a pic of that if it does.

If you do end up renting it for awhile, the light finishes of soft goods will get stained easily.

1 Like

thanks for all the feedback, yeah the white is going to kill us. But nothing i can do about it now.
these pixs were for the sale. Once i get it furnished with all the minor things, i will probably get new pixs take.

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous! I actually love the white walls. I think all you need to do to warm up the place is put out a couple of wine glasses with red wine and some flowers.

But presumably it will sell and if the new buyers do not want it as an STR then future bookings will be cancelled, they will be cancelled regardless because you cannot transfer a booking.

RR

Yes, accessorizing with color will help a lot. The white is pretty sterile, and would make me nervous. Where do I throw down my skis, pack and gear when I get return all wet and sweaty? I see the hallway, but not really anywhere good for the skis, poles, and boots I just pulled off.

Is there really a dryer, but no washer?

I wouldn’t assume that. I would expect that any bookings would either be honored or the closing wouldn’t occur until after the last one.

1 Like

washer dryer, where do you see that it only says washer?

i have done this before and transferred the bookings with airbnb, it was no problem

It’s gorgeous … I don’t necessarily agree about the “touches of colour” just for the sake of it … that could look bitty. It could do with some more striking art on the walls, maybe black and white in gold/brass frames - black touches look really good in a mostly white space.

If we make good suggestions can we get a discount, please?

1 Like

In the basic amenities section, it lists dryer.
In the not included area, it shows washer and AC.

1 Like

Well as a RE broker in a area with 50% second homes that are mostly STR’s and can assure you that a future booking does not delay closing. Money talks. Your assumption is incorrect.

RR

1 Like

Even if you are able to transfer a booking what if the buyer does not want it? Are yo going to let the deal fall through? I doubt it. Air will allow you to cancel under EC, the guests are still screwed.

RR

ok and one other question, anyone here have their airbnb listed and asked guest to show it while it is occupied? Or is that just a bad idea?

I think you answered your own question there.

RR

3 Likes

When I first started I did have it listed for LTR (not sale) and indicated this in the listing and that any showings would be coordinated and with at least 24 hours notice. I never had to bother a guest with a showing though. I ended up doing well enough with the STR via Airbnb (and has such bad luck with applicants for LTR) that I eventually decided to just do STR instead. I make more than double and that doesn’t even include the pet fees.

That said, I do NOT recommend even being willing to show it when a guest is booked. I was new and lucky that it worked out and I had a VERY bottom budget listing at the time (literally started with only a bed with bedding and towels, nothing else) as I was really just offering a bed while I was trying to LTR.

It’s a terrible idea. You can’t expect guests to arrange their days around your viewings. @skideeppow

2 Likes