It’s not all about you!

I just saw a funny listing. The couple has boudoir- style shots of themselves together, and individual, without shirts, all over the living room walls. No actual nudity, but still.

And one of the decor features is the woman’s actual wedding dress hanging from a wardrobe door in the bedroom.

No, it’s not art. They look like the kind of photos you get done at the local mall, right next to the Cinna-Bon.

Nothing wrong with getting these photos for your own amusement, but why think that Airbnb guests want to look at them?

1 Like

They are swingers looking to attract a certain kind of guest.

8 Likes

Was the bible on the bedside table or in the bookshelf?

:rofl:

6 Likes

Can you link it? I just gotta see it. :rofl:

Or maybe using Airbnb as a cover for a sex service.

3 Likes

Oh oh! Please DM me the link! I gotta see this one. Unfortunately, we discourage the public posting of links to OTHER people’s listings without their consent.

1 Like

Sounds like an episode of “instant hotel” on Netflix. One of the owners had a huge portrait of herself and odd Barbie & Ken photos of re-enactments of famous movie love scenes, pics of her with muscled young men and a sex-oriented guest gift basket. Her taste was to set a sexy vibe. It failed.

6 Likes

Saw that one…

I kind of liked the Barbie and Ken photos, but the gift bags and topless male bartender were over the top.

1 Like

Can you PM me the link, I need a good laugh today!

Actually me too, After I understood the context of famous movie love scenes I thought the pics were creative. Without the context they felt odd.

Also her emphatic house rule of “must drink margaritas” was bizarre. I will drink wine but rarely drink hard spirits so I would break a rule!

1 Like

I’m also craving for a good laugh ! Please PM the link :blush::blush::blush:.

2 Likes

And the margaritas looked neon green, as if they were made from one of those syrupy mixes .

Ditto to me, as well, please! Thanx!

I have sent the links in PMs to all who have requested. (I think.)

The weird thing is that they have at least two different apartments with the same photos hanging in the living room. So it’s not like they just snapped the listing pictures in a hurry without thinking what was in the room.

They made copies of the photography and specifcally chose it to decorate their other apartment.

Me, too! I want a link to the listing as well, pretty please!!!

The margarita drinking rule was ridiculous. What if the guy or another customer was a recovering alcoholic and she is pushing her shoddy margaritas at them? That was ludicrous. Plus the shirt-less bartender, too much. And the conseuqence of the guy not going for her margarita (or him only taking a sip) was completely out of proportion and should have let to her and her poor daughter being kicked out of the competition!

2 Likes

Are you taking this show seriously or are you just joking?

1 Like

The owner was adamant that all guests drink Margaritas. She had a unique and sometimes questionable way of looking at life.

I sometimes watch “reality” TV. Whether it’s American Idol or Property Brothers or Real Housewives, I know that most of the program is directed and scripted and then heavily edited. I’d assume there is at least a 50/50 chance the owner pretended to be quirky and unique for purposes of filming. Seeing people discussing the programming as if it was real had me wondering if the comments here were meant in jest.

Yep—I think everyone else realizes that too

1 Like

I think Brent and Leroy were completely scripted. They turned their noses up at everyone else’s house and went on and on about how they were design professionals.

Then when it was time to see their house…It was a atrocity that looked like a combination of grandma’s house and a tatty souvenir shop.

There is no way a professional interior designer would have a place like that.

2 Likes