Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Is there a way to add two nights on weekend only

Hey, I just recently started arbnb, I am booked nearly every weekend for 2 nights, but some people have booked for only one night on a weekend, making it difficult for me to fill the other night, I do not mind having only one night booked on a week night, but on a weekend it eats into my income, is there a way to change this in the settings? or should I just go minimum 2 nights> or am I better, opting out of instant book and if someone tries to reserve for ‘one’ weekend night, then I decline and explain why?

diplomacy, courtesy and respect are something I need to practice and try to do this without offending people.

Thanks.

Oh, I would totally opt out of Instant Book – but I like to screen my guests. Instant book is a problem if you have limitations on what guests can do – max number of guests, 2 night min on weekends, no kids or pets, etc. I would host awhile before you decide whether you want to do Instant Book.

Agree… Take yourself off instant book. And ask for a two night minimum. One night has never made sense to me…by the time they have paid a deposit, cleaning and the one night fee they could have gone to a hotel.

Don’t let the guests push you around. You are in charge here. You’ll get plenty of bookings without kowtowing to them. :slight_smile:

Thanks, that makes sense, I have turned off instant book, I can accept one nighters during the week, but a weekend I will have to decline….

Make sure you write this somewhere on your listing

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!