Is raw honey safe?

This is one of the photos from my listings…I love Bon Maman jam, and I think the empty jar is a triumph in cool design, so they get washed and become drinking glasses…for wine too! No stems to snap dans le washer du dish. I’ve ben using them as glasses for at least 8 years.

It remains to be seen, as to whether guests get outraged at drinking out of jam jars!

4 Likes

Eeek. Watch “Rotten” on Netflix. I think it’s the first episode. You’ll never eat again.

1 Like

@Barns. Jam jar glasses rock. Many years ago Welch’s grape jelly jars were designed to be drinking glasses when empty. Mine had Fred Flintstone on them.

1 Like

I think as long as your jam jars match each other your okay to make the Plus category!! LOL!!

2 Likes

Raw honey is a very good anti inflammatory and has a host of other benefits. Facts about Honey I’d be more concerned about the safety of additive-laden spreads and jams to be honest, if there’s an ingredient you can’t pronounce, the chances are you shouldn’t be eating it…

I love arriving somewhere and being greeted by an array of home made or quality produce rather than little plastic sachets. My neighbour on AirBnB has a whole shelf of home-made jams and chutneys which I eye up in envy. Guests may not eat them all, but it certainly sets the scene.

3 Likes

My son is allergic to everything, corn and corn starch (most products have it). We find raw honey is beneficial to his allergies and he is not allergic to it. He can not eat commercially produced honey, they add extra chemicals (preservatives) that he is allergic to.

We can get local honey here, it’s pricey and delicious. OP special wild berry honey sounds pretty … special… I’d like to get some of them little jam jars, Our Bonne Maman seems to be eaten slower than the honey.
Thanks Ken for the recipe<><> I am going to try that as we have a prolific Mexican key lime tree and a prolific Valencia orange tree plus a little kumquat here. I made a couple quarts of marmalade the hard way a couple seasons ago. I’m going to try your way soon!