Is It Too Much to Ask Guest to Shower?

They are in your house so messages are immaterial except as a paper trail. I know that you say that your path don’t cross but that’s up to you surely. If I need to talk to a guest I just knock on the door - I don’t wait for ‘paths to cross’. And the time doesn’t matter (they might be asleep, so what?)

Once you’ve spoken to the guest put details into the Airbnb message system - ‘further to our conversation this morning, you agreed that…’

Then you’ve got your paper trail, especially if he doesn’t reply.

So, is this leak fixed or not?

1 Like

If you don’t intend to have the leak fixed, you need to disconnect the internal trip stopper so the tub can’t be filled AND disclose in your listing SHOWERS ONLY. Otherwise, guests are going to keep bathing and damaging your home.

Even then, I would still get it fixed. A guest could go to the hardware store and buy their own tub-stopper to bathe. It may seem far-fetched, but we’ve heard stranger stories of guest stories than BYOBS (bring-your-own-bath-stopper).

1 Like

I’d rather not have guests bathe because it uses way more water and we are on a restrictive kind of situation here… I just don’t provide a stopper and issue is solved. But it may not be possible in your case.

I don’t provide a stopper either and haven’t ever had anyone ask for one.

If it were my house I’d also be concerned about the water damage. I would remove the damaged drywall from the ceiling and ensure that it’s completely dry and treated for mold before it’s buttoned up again.

Mold is a serious issue and that drywall is weak now and could sag or come down.

Just my two cents.

1 Like

As i mentioned, I just a had a couple small drips from a cracked toilet flange going only a couple days and the water damage was quick and surprising. All the baseboards and one of the door frame boards swelled up!

1 Like

If I am a guest and you have a bathtub and I prefer baths, I’m going to take a bath, You have to stop assuming what guests will do and be absolutely clear in your expectations prior to them reserving your room.

2 Likes

So, are we to assume that this leak still isn’t fixed?