Is it time to update your title and brief description?

@jjd Don’t use the app. only my Mac. Don’t know how anyone can scroll through this on a phone.

I agree, I avoid using the app too. But I know that most guests use the app to book so I always check it to see how my listing looks on there and that it’s setup in a way that works on the app too.

Get rid of “ tiny” - and hideaway also I think.

So just “Tiki 1 hr from LA!”?

I disagree. “Tiny” and “Hideaway” are inviting and informative descriptors.

3 Likes

I don’t think tiny is such a good word.

@gypsy

Tiny Tiki Retro Hideaway-LA 1HR

32 characters & keeps your cross-site & magazine article branding

1 Like

@vandyne “didn’t realize you couldn’t have text in pictures. We have a Florida room”

They are seeking to ban web addresses & phone numbers to take guests off the booking platform.

Anything else tends to be ignored.

The 7/1/22 title policy seems more relaxed about “just words” on a picture

In Australia roof top solar hot water systems have been popular since I was a kid in the 1970s. A long time before rooftop solar pv. I don’t believe they break down very often, or spring a leak.

We’ve had them for years and they’re very reliable.

We have had a few leaks now and then, easily fixed.

1 Like

Thank you!

I changed it to this on the PC and it indicated I’d used 32 of 50 spaces allowed…

2 Likes

The system was designed using Australian’s technology and then modified. We purchased much of the equipment from Australian companies and the evacuated tubes came from there too.

1 Like

same, and this is actually something that Sean whatshisname teaches people to do on his youtube channel. if you add text it makes people stop and have a closer look. He’s has a few clever reccos for adding text actually, and plenty of people have photos in their listing pointing out the house rules.

how funny. our current solar system is designed in Canada, which struck me as odd. Australia should be a world leader in solar tech, but here’s a fun fact: in the 80s my mum worked at BP (the oil/petrol/gas company) and they sponsored a solar vehicle that was travelling across the desert. They bought the technology, and then squashed it. (so actually it’s a story of a British & Australian collaboration of evildoing)

4 Likes

Our system is from CA too. Enersol. We’re very happy with it.

Is there any sort of Tiki that isn’t Retro? Have I missed Tiki Minimalism?

This is apparently why battery technology didn’t improve much till the 1990s when cell phones became popular. The electricity companies would just buy up patents and sit on them.

Since I don’t really care for MCM “modern” stuff, but I like the obviousness of old or retro stuff, hence the name. I chose or made everything specifically to go with our vintage 1954, 24’ riveted aluminum trailer, and there are many pieces made with bamboo and cane.

There probably is Tiki Minimalist stuff, but not sure what it would look like. Maybe one 1950’s cane chair in a white shadowless room.

3 Likes

ah, the conspiracy theories from the 90s. classic.
and so fkg sad to know they are real.

2 Likes