Is it only me, or is the Airbnb app really buggy?

I’m having a lot of issues with the Airbnb app.

Like this morning, when I checked the deadline for leaving a review for a guest, the app said I had 6 hours left to leave a review. Now, 6 hours later, the app says I have 7 hours left to leave a review for the same guest !

And my cancellation rate. We had to cancel a booking due to a hospital visit. We got the penalties lifted due to extenuating circumstances, but now, 2 weeks later, the app still says we have a 2,5% cancellation rate.

I also declined a booking via the app, but got a confirmation email from Airbnb saying I had accepted the booking.

I’ve tried to speak with Airbnb about these issues, but of course, according to them, there’s as usual NOTHING wrong with their systems…

1 Like

All their shit is buggy. And slow.

There is a data lag for the metrics. If it’s still not fixed by early December, I’d start really bugging them. A 2.5% rate will keep you from SH (if that matters to you)

3 Likes

I haven’t had those issues since I don’t decline or cancel but there’s a big lag in the app. A guest sends a message and sometimes I won’t get it for 45 mins to 2 hours plus later. Payout notifications via email have been missing and payouts in general are lagging.

1 Like

The app lag for messages is dreadful, hence we establish contact by SMS or WhatsApp as soon as we can.

JF

1 Like

I got a booking a 9:30 last night. No e-mail notification was sent to either me or my wife and and the app notification didn’t come through until sometime after 6am. This the first real glitch in notifications I’ve seen.

Our channel manager sends notifications instantly. The time difference between the ping of a message from them, and the drum roll tone for Airbnb can be anything from a few seconds to 45mins for us.

JF

I hope that wasn’t a same day booking!

I found yesterday that the app was quicker to update than the website when trying to time a last minute review. However, both are very buggy sometimes.

You were not charged the cancellation fees but your rate is still true. Now if they said the cancellation would be penalty free (like I think they did) I would have them change it to reflect that as not a cancellation. Which means calling over and over.

Thankfully I haven’t actually had to hit the decline button so never had it turned into an accept by Airbnb.

Thankfully no. I have 2-day advance notice, so that shouldn’t even be possible, but I’ve read stories from other hosts where somehow their advance notice got bypassed.

1 Like

I’ve gotten in the habit of checking my calendar/message thread several times a day. I’ve spotted an new reservation before any notification a significant number of times.

1 Like