Is it better to keep smart pricing and give rule set with discount or just reduce the price?

I don’t think they “get mad.” Lots of people sync calendars. It doesn’t matter if your calendar is blocked because you got a booking on Booking dot com of if it’s blocked because you are doing remodeling.

It’s not reasonable to think that you will be booked 100% of the time when the number of hosts is growing faster than the number of guests. And when the next economic downturn happens there are going to be a lot of hosts in pain and blaming Airbnb for their dependency on Airbnb income. Airbnb is impersonal. If you do what they want you to do (instant booking, low/smart prices, flexible cancellation policies) they will put you as high in the ranking as they can, but there are limited spots at the top. It makes sense that they would rotate the results to give more people a chance to get bookings. It makes more sense from their point of view for 60% of the hosts to be 80% booked than for 40% to be 100% booked and the other 60% share the leftovers.

I think you are confusing rule sets with discounting month long bookings.

I think you may be confusing rule sets with discounting month long bookings. But that doesn’t answer the question, either. Sorry!

Oh for sure. And it’s true, hosts are outpacing guests. Not expecting to be full and the winter months we’re awful too but 50% occupancy for July this far into June was unprecedented.

1 Like

Nope, the original post is not about month long bookings, its about offering a discount for any dates booked in July using rule sets, which don’t work if smart pricing is switched on.

1 Like

Sorry. I took “a rule set with a discount for the whole of July.” to mean that the booking was for the whole month of July. Thanx for the correction.

1 Like