Is it a service dog if its left alone in the Airbnb

Oh, if guests had a dog like mine, you’d definitely have extra cleaning time. :laughing:
She was a constant shedder and her fur bounced across the floor like tumbleweeds, stuck to everything, and insinuated itself into every nook and cranny like drywall dust. I could sweep up 2 dustpans full every day.

She died 2 years ago and I still occasionally find one of her hairs stuck behind or under something.

I never even let her in the guest room, but would find her hair there.

Of course, whenever I stayed somewhere with her, I tried to vacuum up as much as possible, but I don’t imagine the average str guest would do that.

That’s like my beloved cat who died last year - I still find his hair (mind you, I’m a pretty sloppy cleaner in my own home as all my cleaning-energy goes into the apartments!)

I’m lucky with pet guests though. I have no carpets and no fabric upholstery (the sofas are leather) so normal cleaning is all that’s required. Thank goodness for the robot vacuums though… :slight_smile:

Reminder that the cleaning fee is used to PREPARE for the incoming guest, not to CLEAN UP for the outgoing guest. There is a difference…

1 Like

Glad to hear I’m not the only host whose personal living quarters get neglected when it comes to cleaning! “A baker never bakes” as they say​:joy: And I totally agree with you on the robot vacuum, my “Agadore” has been a lifesaver, as 2 Aussies can shed enormous amounts of hair. :paw_prints:

2 Likes

After Agador Spartacus in The Birdcage? :wink:

Thanks for the reply and info, helpful to know

Absolutely. In my case, and our preparation fee is equivalent or above a one night stay (our per night fluctuates a lot throughout the year) includes the fresh flowers, the treat basket for the incoming guests, the bottle of wine, the first-breakfast pack, the good-quality bottled water, the good quality toiletries and more.

I’ve never had an apartment left in a mess or had an unreasonable amount of extra cleaning to do.

I expect guests to act like civilised human beings and they do.

And I’m not in a race-to-the-bottom price war that so many hosts are concerned about.

Yes, good guess! Our first one was Hazel (‘cause they make you name them.) And when searching for #2’s name (kinda like naming a baby or a puppy), we immediately settled on Agadore- he’s constantly tripping over rugs!
And he doesn’t do well wearing shoes!:joy:

2 Likes

Fantastic! I love that film so much. :blue_heart:

I have been very fortunate too. I’m pet-friendly and have only had one stay where the dog threw up on the rug but that’s something I anticipate being a pet-friendly home. They cleaned the rug but still told me about it. I would never have known otherwise. I do charge an extra pet fee because it really does take extra time to thoroughly vacuum & clean a large home after a shedding dog or three have stayed there. There are also the extra slobber and nose prints on the doors and the extra water and food spots on the tile floors. I tell you what though! I wish we could charge a toddler fee because kids are 1000% times messier and gross than dogs! lol! I pass the extra fee on to my cleaning team.

2 Likes