Is Home Sense worth a longer drive?

For Airbnb items, like decor, throw pillows etc etc.

Or it exactly the same as Home Goods, which is closer?

Is there any major difference?

I read an article that said there is a difference and it’s worth the drive.

1 Like

I’d never heard of Homesense so it pique’d my interest.

From what I gather, Homesense is focused on Larger items where Homegoods is focused on accessories, with some overlap.

What exactly can shoppers expect? Here’s a sneak peek at Homesense:
1. Oversized furniture, such as sectionals and sofas, futons and day beds and leather items
2. Expanded at-home workplace essentials, such as desks, bookcases and filing cabinets
3. Oversize rugs up to 14 feet long, as well as rounds, runners and scatters
4. Wide variety of hanging chandeliers and brightly lit lamps
5. Chair gallery featuring everything from dining chairs to bar stools as well as pillows, poufs and ottomans
6. Expansive displays of art, mounted for gallery-style shopping
7. Unique bar and game room furniture, such as card tables, pool tables, foosball tables
8. Expanded selection of gifting items and wrapping essentials
9. “General Store” with all things organization, cleaning and home improvement

3 Likes

Well, the “General Store” section sounds good. Not sure about the oversized furniture, though. That’s the last thing I need.

1 Like

Good to know those lamps are “brightly lit”!

2 Likes

http://www.athome.com/

AtHome is worth checking out depending upon where you are. It used to be called GardenRidge. It is a big box store that feels like a combination of Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, & Target. Products tend to be budget quality & price.

I prefer Craigslist. Recycle reuse etc. Helps in the standing out dept.

4 Likes

I would instead spend the time going to garage sales on Sunday mornings. I found small computer desks, a kitchen table, and a side table for the kitchen, as well as most of my decorative art at garage sales. Plus it’s recycling, as gypsy says.

For linens, I get towels at Costco and sheets from Amazon.

1 Like