Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Inviting discussion on this article

How hard would it be to request a guest to provide proof of traveler’s insurance?

It looks like an insurance industry blog? I didn’t take the time to read but I do sense a bit of bias just from the URL?

1 Like

Haven’t read the article as I’m waiting a doc (so not much help) but in response to your question about checking a guests travel insurance that would be easy. I never leave home without it, always carry a certificate of insurance with me on trip- they email it in PDF every time I book. The travel insurance I also get for free from my credit card can be downloaded off their website also. If I wanted I could ask guests for proof they have it but I’d just claim through air so it’s probably their problem. If someone steals, and I catch them (I’ve missed a couple!) straight to the cops without any hesitation. In which case then I have to wait for restitution through the courts or get property back from police.

Of course the insurance industry wants everyone to buy insurance for everything. I couldn’t read the whole article without signing up something, so I just clicked out of it straightaway. I have a room in my home, I have a Ring doorbell camera that they have to walk past getting into their room. I can and do lock the door into my home. They only thing that’s been taken was an old pillow. So for me, I don’t think I need additional insurance. If I had a whole house rental where they could easily flood it or start a fire I’d definitely have more insurance.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!