Investments / Improvements

I have a problem guest now and ll my family have headache because of a terrible smell. Even my young daughter. In a night like this mkes me rethink the cons a lot.

If only I had good guests only.
I am trying to remember that someone said here in one of the threads ‘it is good when you get a bd guest because for every n guests you will get a bd one, so be happy you already got one and most likely will have a batch of good ones again’

Just make sure to give your problem guests a terrible review, and hopefully they will never trouble anyone else again. Unless they create a new account, I suppose. Does Airbnb have any way of stopping that, I wonder.

That certainly the positive way of looking at it.

1 Like

He has good reviews, but even my young daughter has headache had to be given medication for pain now because the smell is like a drug. I need to give them an accurate review

That’s weird. Well, I think it only takes one really bad review to put people off. Make sure to make it sound as convincing as possible. Polite, factual and professional is the way to do it. People here have this down, @dcmooney, for example.

2 Likes

Initial construction around $7000 for:
*new hardwood floor in the living room (almost 100 year old house)
*seal off hallway with a door to separate the residence so I can offer the “whole” space as private
*new custom wood gate for driveway
*rebuild back porch overhang and railings

Furnishing the place was around $5,000.

Just added a new roof with 33 solar panels to be fully solar powered! Cost was around $40,000. I will be getting a nice paycheck instead of utility bills each month due to a special city solar program where they buy back unused energy for 3x the normal rate. Also, federal tax credits will apply later.

My space is in a mixed use commercial and residential building where I run a tattoo company in the front. We have been planning on the solar for a year, before we decided to do airbnb.

I’m about $2500 in… New couch, loveseat, end tables, coffee table, lamps, bed frame, mattress set, nightstands and dresser. Then I just had to stock the kitchen, as most everything that my mom had was in bad shape, pots pans etc… I just got the inexpensive stuff from ikea for the kitchen.

In a year or two, I will install a spiral staircase off the deck of the loft down to the backyard, giving a separate entrance. With the concrete work that I need to do, that will run me close to $10k… But… that will add value to the house, so I’m not as concerned about that.