Internet to guests

Yes, OpenDNS has several blacklists. These blacklist are maintained and verified by the community.

If you want more detailed information, you can search their forums. It is not proprietary, they use an open source version. I’m not sure but I think it is a verion of nDPI

1 Like

I am a new host and the wifi offering has me very nervous. I’m not techy at all!!! how do you block sites? do you know how i might set up a guest specific network so i don’t expose all of my info connected over my main wifi network?

1 Like

I’m not a techy person AT ALL!!! How do i make a guest WIFI & restrictions?

No restrictions on what they can do as i reccon that is none of my business.
But i have setup a VLAN for the guest-wifi and ethernet port in the listing so they cannot access anything else in the house.

I do have a magicmirror that scans the network for unknown and known mac-adresses to let me know if guests are present in the house. It is actually very useful as an indicator if guests are home and awake as i have a basement-listing if i can have loud music on. :slight_smile:

It also lets me be on the alert if a malicious guest should ever leave an unattended network device in the house.