Insurance premiums

Proper WILL insure for “wind damage” but it’s a huge rider. They quoted us $1800 per year for STR homeowner insurance, and $5000 “wind damage” coverage on top of that!!!

1 Like

I was scolding Globetrotter, which I thought was clear because the response was directed at him.

If someone has a valid link, even for an insurance company, such as the ones we are discussing, we can allow it. But not a blatant and overt ad for someone’s guidebook.

I guess I should have removed my scold since the post was removed! Sorry if there was confusion. :rofl::tired_face:

NO. You can’t post this. Please refrain from posting the same thing after it has already been removed once, Globe Trotter.

Hello from beautiful Montana, USA-- We have a great homeowner’s policy from USSA which covers up to 4 rentals. However, I am now prompted to check and see just exactly it does cover.

Appreciate all the caring and sharing that goes on here. Glad to be connected to like-minded people.

Judy Helm Wright–Author/Blogger/Intuitive Wise Woman

Usaa practically hung up on me when I asked them about it.

I am sorry that happened to you. Please call back and you will get another more caring person. We have had our insurance with them for 52 years and been completely happy the whole time.

USAA is a reputable insurance company and the premiums are usually lower than other companies. The ability to manage your policy online is great. However, only a small segment of the population is eligible to be a USAA member. Below are the qualifications.

“Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military. Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS). Adult children whose eligible parents have or had a USAA auto or property insurance product.”

Should clarify…I have always been a USAA member…my dad was career military, so I always was eligible. I used them for car insurance until recently. (Hawaii company was cheaper). They don’t offer homeowners in Hawaii, nor do they offer ANY short term rental coverage. They didn’t even want to talk to me when I asked about it.

Just got a quote from Proper and it’s $4,400. This must be for our entire home plus insuring the rental unit in the basement but that quite high – I’m going to keep hunting down quotes and hope this gets cheaper!

1 Like