Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Insurance clarification required


I have just discovered that my Home Insurance only covers my Annexe (which I use for Air BnB) when I have no guests staying. Air BnB insurance seems to cover the guests (Third Party) and any damage they might do to the property. So, it seems that I have no cover for the building when I have guests. Has anyone been able to find something which will fill this hole? I am in the UK.



Hi @Tonyk

There are quite a few providers in the UK that do insurance for short term lets including Aviva and Admiral. Probably worth you contacting a local insurance broker to ask for some quotes.

By the way Airbnb doesn’t provide insurance - it has a ‘guarantee’ with limited coverage. You certainly can’t/shouldn’t rely on it for guest damage.

So from what you say you will need a) building insurance and b) specialist home insurance to cover STRs.



I am with Home Protect, they have dedicated AirBNB insurance which basically just tags onto your main home insurance for the same cover. It cost me about £100 a year extra to add this on for 4 rooms being rented.



Thank you for the suggestion and for the warning regarding Air BnB.


Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!