Instant Book "turned off" without my knowledge

Makes sense, I’ll bet we have figured out what’s going on here. @Keugenia?

2 Likes

Yep, this explains it! I’m leaving reviews from hosts on though!

3 Likes

If you ever want me to check it for you, just let me know. I must meet all of your qualifications :angel:

2 Likes

If it’s the last minute Instant book folks that are causing the problem, you might try allowing instant booking but not same day instant booking. I don’t allow bookings less than a day in advance and I have instant booking turned on. In 2 years of operation, I have only had one local book. I knew all about her from my time as a taxi driver and cancelled it. I have a 2 night minimum and that also filters out a lot of locals.

Sounds like there’s a story there… :slight_smile:

Yeah, I searched incognito. Because I’ve looked at @Keugenia’s listings previously (I have one bookmarked) I assumed it would skew the results.

I just had my first local hook up booking ever. I don’t think there’s an exchange of money going on, but it’s probably some sort of thing that gets labeled “ilicit.” It was great. I’d book 'em every night like that if I could. In at 2:45 pm out at 10pm
:wink::sunglasses:

3 Likes

This happened to me this summer, I had Air cancel a reservation that was made on days that I had blocked and magically became unblocked. They cancelled without penalty “as a favor” but then all of a sudden I started getting requests instead of IB, after a couple of weeks I called and asked what was up and was told that IB had been suspended because of the cancellation. Now IB was still on in my settings but just not working. I was told it would be re evaluated, by a non human algorithm in another week. So I turned it off myself for two days and then turned it back on and it worked.

So that’s what I would suggest, turn it off yourself for a couple days to re-set it.

RR

Oh, it was you.

off for a couple of days, not a couple of seconds might be the difference.

It’s maddening that Airbnb can penalize any host at any time for any reason without any notification.

I can’t remember if it was one or two days, but not just a few minutes or hours. Could have been one day

RR

1 Like

I will try this. My listing has been off of Instant Book (despite being listed as “on” in my settings) for 34 days now.

1 Like

How is this possible? My setting for IB is a simple on/off one.

@spkrause Edit Listing -> Availability -> Reservation Preferences -> Advance Notice
and then tick the box for " For Instant Book hosts: Allow guests to send reservation requests without advance notice".

I turned mine off for 24 hours and then turned it back on. That worked.

This was last Wednesday.

Checked again this morning, and for whatever reason the problem came back.