Instant Book - time to come over to the dark side?

I’ve been on IB ever since I opened my unit. I am fortunate enough to have had guests that were very warm and sincere and have only 1 real bad experience. I need to be on IB because of my location that is very popular & convenient for sites & transportation. If you are still undecided on turning it on, my suggestion is to have ABB verify guests who meet Airbnb’s requirements, and also have to rovide a government-issued ID and recommendation from other hosts. This screening process will give you a better sense of security.

One reason to keep in mind re IB is that if you use custom pricing, you may have problems, because AIrbnb’s handling of custom pricing, like most other things on its site, is buggy. So, you might wind up having a IB booking with pricing you don’t expect. I’m not saying this is a major concern, but it’s definitely a possible issue.

Hi @Perezo,

I’m doing Ok, thanks.

Well, it stands to reason that if Airbnb is tempting you, they have to have something to tempt you with. And there must be tradeoffs, because otherwise everyone would use IB, and then nobody would derive any advantage from it. QED.

1 Like

It’s more like beating you with a carrot!

I want to be beaten with really expensive chocolate.

2 Likes

Or a bag of money I get to keep when the abuse ceases.

1 Like

Well, that was fast!

I changed to Instant Book with the maximum for guest requirements 1.5 hours ago.

Just got my first IB booking - guest looks great, great review, great intro message AND she’s on her honeymoon.

So far so good!

4 Likes