Instant Book Scandal

Yes it appears you are making it up in volume. Maybe the snowbird booking for months at a time to escape the cold is just not really a thing anymore? I seem to attract the crowd that is visiting the island in pieces. They are doing a circle island trip, and spend three or four with me, three or four in Puna and two or so on the other side. Every time I book a shorty booking, I make some on the cleaning. So if I book for a month, then I don’t really make as much as if I book several shorties with cleaning. And it seems to work for guests. People don’t normally stay for the winter in Hawaii that long… unless they are from Europe. I sometimes see that. So I guess it boils down to providing what your guests want and yet still turn a profit!

That’s exactly what I’m doing, on a smaller scale than you. I would consider two weeks a long booking.
REALLY long if the guests are like my Canadian Cow and my Portland Bit*h. :slight_smile:

Is it new algorithms? revised search placement? Not pre-approving inquiries? No idea. I just have no answer.

Did you check the obvious things-- your calendar syncing to make sure it’s correct and accurate? The listing button is still activated>? [quote=“Billy_Bob_Merkowitz, post:28, topic:2659”]
Something is up with AirBnB People aren’t using them, and I don’t understand it.
[/quote]

Why would they prefer to pay 13.5% to FKAY? As opposed to 12% on Air for the same apartment.

I’ll see what I can do, girl!!

1 Like

Hahaha, I know you’re alarmed about the drop in Air bookings, but this has me laughing. :slight_smile:

that’s crazy time yana! i went to city oyster downtown delray monday at 2pm. traffic was it’s usual crazy and the street seating was full. lots of folks on the street too. no rhyme or reason…

I have not been to Delray for awhile, I like it there but so far from me.
I don’t know Stephany but it’s much slower for me since beginning of December. I just did some math and 70% of my guests are from booking.com. I mean I could have been booked solid if I agreed to ridiculous prices I was offered. 300$ a week for 2 people in a house like mine with private bath. I just can’t do it, doesn’t matter how empty it is here. They also wanted for 2 weeks including holidays. First I dint understand how do you offer 50% less of asking price. I understand 20% but not 50%!!. I sent my counteroffer offer but she told me she already found smth for the price she wanted.
Then I had about 5 people offering me 600$ a month for 3 months. I’m understand negotiation but this is not negotiation but silly games.

i don’t think i could EVER use airbnb as a primary source of income like some people do. i LOVE being able to tell negotiators (politely) to go jump. :slight_smile:

Sadly,mAir has become my primary income but I still tell the bargain hunters to jump… Bargain hunters are full of red flags… If they dare insult you with bargaining before they even arrive then they are likely to be disrespectful when they arrive. Not worth it!!! I always tell myself there will plenty others to take their place.