Instant Book getting Precedence on Searches

Only allowed x number of cancellations. Also although damages can be charged, you can not collect damages for violations of number of guests. Still nope

that’s my experience, too, @ajmartin. I continue to be disappointed.

I promise to write to them about this! Should we come up with a single statement and that way anyone else who wants to send an email to them, they see that it says the exact same thing? If you come up with a statement, start a new thread with it. Let’s see how many hosts we can get to email the same thing! I will also share with my local group of hosts (we meet once a year but communicate via email frequently.)

2 Likes

This is not the case in my area. Lots of non-instant book listings show up, and, the instant-book only feature is not a default - I would have to specifically choose that.

However, if the booking is for the next few days, that is true, only instantbook is coming up, but there is a big button that is easy to see and you can remove that filter.

Still, it doesn’t seem fair that people searching for a home tonight can’t decide for themselves if they want to chat with the owner first. if they are savy enough to use instant book they are savy enough to set that search criteria.

Where do I write in?

1 Like

Brook2 and DCmooney - I will come up with a statement and post and then the rest of you can alter it, etc. to your liking to submit.

DC - I just did another test for this weekend and now it is not just instant booking that only shows. However, when they were only showing instant book for a week out, I tried to pretend like I had never seen the site before - and my eye would not have been drawn to the instant book filter. Actually I believe most travelers assume all properties are being displayed. That’s what is making me crazy now with HA doing the same.

I just tested for this weekedn and I DID NOT show up for Friday and Sat. coming up, even though now they are mixing all properties. But I did show up if I entered in my reservation for 3 days. I think I recently read posts on here about others saying they only showed up if the reservation was for 3 days? My settings have always been on 2, but going to check if they have changed. I am getting on the phone now.

Can anyone recall the thread where others said they only show if the reservation is for at least three days?

2 Likes

Just got off the phone and somehow my settings got turned onto a 3 night minimum. This is strange. My min. night stay is two but for peak dates, etc. I will go under settings and specify that those dates might require 4 nights, etc.

This upcoming weekend is not popular for my market, and I double checked and do not have any specfic weeks set for it at all. So now it is working after I changed it. I told the rep. that is very strange considering my last Airbnb guest booked for 2 nights.

1 Like

I was worried about the same thing. So I only accept IB requests from people with at least one positive review.

My house rules states no parties and I don’t accept IB requests from anyone under 27 years old.

Maybe the best thing to do is to communicate with them after their IB goes through and if I notice that any of these specific rules (which they have to agree to so that they can IB) will be broken then I’ll cancel the booking.

It’s not perfect but at least it’s better than HA since they’re just rolling out their guest review process and we have no history whatsoever on a specific guest…

Worse, there is now a Super Host box in the filters and unless you opt out, all the guests see are the Super hosts in the area. This is really intolerable. Why does Airbnb keep messing with a system which has earned them billions?

2 Likes

Oh mann! Are you serious??

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s correct. Maybe it depends on the area searched. I was just looking around Indio for the Desert Trip festival weekend and superhosts were not auto selected I had to opt in (not out).

@KKC - it’s the same in this area. I think that they may have experimented with the Superhost opt out thing at one time though but not for very long.

1 Like

I just searched Prague and Non superhosts were featured front and center.

Hi @cabinhost @brook2adks i know is a bit late but if such group statemente is still on going i will be happy to be a part of. I have spent endless months exchanging emails with help support just to get pretty much template answers. Airbnb does not want to acknowledge the fact that they are not showing ads who doesnt have the IB activated and that seems to me very discriminative. In my area, there are several ads that show up every single time under every single filter on the very first spots…who they are?? hostels ads of course with IB activated. They dont care who they get since they are commercial business.
On the other hand, us who are in the very original way of airbnb, which pointed to share your actual home and provide a local and good experience to guests. They dont care anymore about that now apparently and look just to profit as much as they can, mistreating those who have been with them for a long time.
Any updates in the subject, i will be happy to know, thanks!

2 Likes

in my area tons of non IB non super hosts come up in searches