Instant book free cancellation

Hey there, question about using one of three penalty free cancellations with instant book. I just used my first and did it online using “I am uncomfortable with this reservation”. (which I was)
My question is… does it automatically show up on your reviews as “host canceled reservation…”
I was thinking that since we got three freebies, it wouldn’t have gone there. Should I have called to cancel?

No it doesn’t.

JF

No its not supposed to show up? It did on mine… should I call?

The couple we’ve done have never shown up, ever.

Can’t so any harm to call them.

JF

1 Like

update… I called…both CS and the case manager after that said that the reservation was not an IB, but a request for booking, which it was not. I never confirmed a reservation, I never got any notice of a request to book. I woke up this morning and there was a message in the inbox from this person thanking me for letting him book. I looked on my calendar and it was booked on there. The strange thing is if I look on the app it says I confirmed a request and then cancelled. But if I look on my laptop it does not say that. I never would have confirmed this request if I had gotten one because it is very suspect. So they have now referred me to a “special” case manager who has yet to call me back. Meanwhile still have that big bad HOST CANCELLED on my reviews :weary:

Their site is held together with unicorn wishes and used chewing gum.

I’m not surprised they flubbed this. Please keep us updated on how the appeal goes.

3 Likes

Airbnb is going for the Guiness Book of World Records in the Tech Glitch category. I think they’re way ahead of any competition.

2 Likes

UPDATE…AIRBNB DID THE RIGHT THING FOR A HOST!
So after three tries with support I finally got all penalties with this cancelation glitch removed!
The first time they removed the automated review that says I canceled because of my “good work on the platform”
So I messaged again and asked them to take another look since this cancelation was supposed to be penalty-free. They again messaged back that they would unblock my calendar because of my “good work” but could do nothing about my superhost status since I accepted this request and them canceled! (which I did not)
So the third time I took screen shots of a previous reservation which says “request to book” and this one which only says reservation accepted. Finally they wrote back and said they were removing all penalties , which they did.
I think they were just tired of me pestering them during all this corona virus and did that to make me go away. But hey, whatever works!

3 Likes

Thanks for keeping us updated.

1 Like