Instant Book and pets

Thanks for the warning never to consider getting a pug :laughing:

I made sure my 3 kids were potty trained and out of diapers by the time they were 2, if not earlier. No way would I deal with dog poop and pee for 15 years.

3 Likes

My friend’s Dobie got hit by a car and couldn’t walk for a couple weeks. She carried that dog outside to do its business several times a day. At least there weren’t any stairs to navigate.

2 Likes

Believe me, I did not know anything about the breed and by the time I figured it out I was 4 deep. But I wouldn’t change a thing about them. They’re truly my replacement family and I love every snort, grunt and snuffle that comes with them.

1 Like

A pug was the only male dog my female dog ever attacked :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It would drive me crazy to deal with poop and pee and listen to noisy breathing, but I’m glad you guys are happy together. As they say, love is blind and there’s someone out there for everyone. Also nice that they were rescues you gave a home to.

1 Like

Given the posts here it’s clear that some people would consider me lazy as well and you know what, I’m perfectly okay with that.

3 Likes

How do you charge the extra fee before they arrive. I tried that, but they said that I cannot charge an extra fee until their payment has been processed.

I request it via the resolution center. When you hit “request money” link that’s where it takes you. Then the guest has to accept the request. However I don’t get the money until it comes with my payment for the entire stay. You can also get the fee by submitting a change request to the reservation. If they haven’t booked yet, that is they have only requested to book you can send a special offer. But if you do it either of those ways they get charged Airbnb fees for that portion. Last you can arrange to have people pay cash on arrival or by another electronic payment method.

I’ve never had any problem getting the pet fee regardless of which method I used.

Who is “they” in this? Regardless it is not true.

That is not true. Resolution request charges are a straight pass through with no additional AirBnB fees. I also think I get them sooner than check-in since I have them pay ahead of time but maybe not. I also take direct online payment app methods as well.

Read it again.

The two ways (implied by the word either) are

*change the reservation

*send a special offer

The one that doesn’t get an extra fee is indeed resolution center.

If it’s through Airbnb you’ll get it when you get paid for the stay. If it’s direct through another app you get it when they send it of course.

Finally, this thread is 19 months old. It really bothers some people to have old threads bumped and given that so many folks don’t stick around, it might be out of date. So I’m going to close this thread.

1 Like