Infants Don't Count as Guests to AirBnB, and Don't Get an Extra Guest Fee

Well one part of Airbnb says, something different

“Let the Host know who’s coming – including infants and children – when making a [trip request]. While infants (children under 2 years old) don’t often incur any extra costs, some Hosts count children as guests, which can add an additional guest fee to the reservation.”

Article 433 on UK airbnb site.

This reads, hosts can charge for children under 2

Why can’t I ID them?
For me its obligatory to register all guests, and I am allowed to check the ID to see if the data entered is correct.

And we do not supply anything for infants. We offer a travel cod or high chair at an extra fee.

But at least they notify you at booking. Some cultures do not even notify you and turn up with 2 or 3 children under 2 years, because they are free anyways. We always charge them extra and for the full amount, just because they tried to sneak them in.

Because babies don’t have IDs. That’s why. :joy:

2 Likes

Sometimes they do. Depending perhaps on your citizenship, and whether you are travelling internationally, and whether by land, sea or air, infants sometimes are added to the parent’s passport or have their own passport. I have an old passport packed away somewhere that has a photo of my middle daughter in it when she was about 3 months old, along with her name, dob, etc.

But of course, most infants have no ID other than a birth certificate with no photo. And even if they had photo ID, many people, especially childless ones, think all babies look alike (which they don’t). :rofl:

I’ll have what you’re drinking, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

U.S. babies who want to travel outside of the western hemisphere need a passport.

Sure, but good luck cause babies lose their passports at least as often as they lose their binkies :joy:

2 Likes