Increasing booking rate

Hi all. I am a new host in Jamaica. I need advise to increase my booking rate. Turning views into bookings. Any suggestions?

First off, as a new host you get a special ‘boost’ from Airbnb itself.

If you can post your listing URL we can take a look and see if something in the listing itself can be tweaked to make it more bookable and less just lookable… Photos and the text itself can make a a huge difference…

2 Likes

Thank you for the response. I did get the boost, got three bookings back to back then went cold. Just views no bookings. The forum is not allowing me to post the link.

What star ratings and reviews did you get from those first 3 bookings?

I have only hosted 1 so far. Got 5 stars. The other 2 are upcoming bookings.

How do I post the link? It’s not allowing me to.

When my bookings fall flat I put in upcoming dates and I’m able to check what other people are charging in my area. Sometimes all you can do is drop rates even just by $5. Other times it’s a seasonal thing. I would imagine that you’ll see an uptick when it comes closer to school vacations. I have also found that although I will get a few bookings for farther out, many seem to be last minute. Even just the same week.

1 Like

We don’t allow new users to post links to try to slow down the spam. I’ll PM you, you can send me the link and I’ll post it.

1 Like

One thing many of us advocate is to be sure to log onto your account daily. Raise the price a dollar, lower a dollar. Change the order of the pictures, adjust the booking settings on the calendar, etc. Airbnb rewards active hosts with a better postion in the search ranks. If you set up your listing and then just leave it and expect the bookings to roll in, that isn’t the best strategy.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advise

Here’s the listing @KenH

1 Like

Sweet but exciting! I’d stay there. Is your price competitive?

This is good advice. Another thing that you can do to boost your search ranking is to use “searchable” terms. In other words, in your description try to use appropriate keywords that your target audience will most likely use when searching for a listing. So, make sure that you describe your facilities using specific words and include landmarks in your description too.

Is there a way people can search for those key words?

It looks great - being in a gated community would be a feature some guests would look for so I would make it clear in the introduction like “Centrally located in the gated community of Dolphin Spit. Secure but near the town with easy access to restaurants, night life, groceries, pharmacies and duty free shopping.”. If you need to free up some letters just change to: “Sun Kissed Villa is a luxury 2 bedroom 2 bathroom beach condo”

Thanks all for the advice.