Inauguration 2017 - Washington, D.C

Great news! Now give us the details! We’ve been following this story so long you can’t leave us hanging!

1 Like

Congrats!!
Great news! :smile:

OK - for those who asked -

Yes, @konacoconutz, absolutely it was removing that hyphen! :grinning:

I have a booking for Thursday and Friday. Both guests are new to the platform.

The person coming for the inauguration is a man in his 50s from Ohio who has a profile photo of him standing in the middle of a farm field. He’s coming with his 20 year old son and an 82 year old ‘adoptive’ mom. The 82 year-old and the 20 year old are going to a ball Friday night.

The group coming Saturday, a group of 5, a woman and daughters from Massachusetts. They are coming for the protest. They are coming early in the morning to park their car and get the key.

So I have a little of both. How fun. The gentleman from Ohio has been great, answering questions and being friendly. Same with the woman from Mass. My daughter’s birthday is Friday and her party is on Saturday. Hot times in DC this weekend!!!

Thanks again, everyone, for that awesome airbnb host style support!!

3 Likes

Those of you that live in DC skies the limit for inauguration Thurs & Fri. I work for an OTA and D.C. Hotel pricing is unreal! Hotels that charge $199 normally are up around $800 with next to no availability. Wish I lived there!

Have you read this thread? The sky was not the limit…

2 Likes

Where were you all week when our friend DC needed to rent her place? LOL

1 Like

Tell us about the hyphen?

Oh, @konacoconutz recommended I drop a hyphen I had in my title. It was a small change that did make it look nicer. :grinning:

1 Like

Sorry but I work about 70 hours a week between my “job” and rental properties. It has been my busiest Dec/Jan in 4 years for rentals - go figure? Almost impossible to find help either but not complaining. Went back to work after being off for 3 days and was flabbergasted by the rates at the D.C. Hotels and people looking for accommodations and rates willing to pay so thought I would share a little inside info.

1 Like

It sounds like the Ohio people are Trump supporters. Did they say so explicitly? Bringing this up would not be a good idea though, imo.

Oh, and happy birthday to your daughter. How old is she?

1 Like

Yes, they are Trump supporters, and yes, the photo does indeed fit the image presented by the media of a Trump supporter. He’s been super nice in his communications and we are glad to have them.

My youngest is now 12; so hard to believe. My husband and were considering replacing our current minivan and then I realized “we won’t need a minivan but for a few more years”. It’s cliche, I know, but it really, really, really does go by lightening fast. She’s quite something. She was adopted at 3.5 years old. She was the cutest little kid. I’ll never forget seeing her for the first time at the government office. So frightened and confused, in her little red traditional-style Chinese dress. Clung to her foster dad and screamed. Eventually was distracted by the fun things in her new Hello Kitty backpack we’d brought, and was soon chasing bubbles with her new jie jie (elder sister). Handled the transition like a trooper. We’d say “zou ba!” (let’s go!) and she’d put on that little pink back pack and march to the door of the hotel room. Of course it’s way more complicated than that long term, but I was so impressed by her strength, curiosity, and daring, and she’s doing a great job working through all the evolving emotions of her history.

Oh my, off topic…

4 Likes

Definitely worth it. I’m pretty sure I’ve got something in my eye now.

2 Likes

Yeesh, that sounds brutal! We were seeing bookings happen at 3-4 times the average nightly rate for Feb 26 - Mar 1 in Barcelona.

So, what would you suggest for Barca for May 12 to 14?

We are currently seeing bookings happen around, on average, 60% higher than average rates in Barca for May 12-14.

And how do you explain this?

@jaquo busy season starts mid-April and weekend are the pricest…our off season base price is 150E/ night for 2 and 35E/additional person up to 10. High Season base price we are are at 250E/night for 2 and 35E/additional person up to 10.

This year will be particularly more pricey bc of the cities major crack down on ‘illegal’ rentals, and the fact we do not have enough hotels to house all the tourists.

There is also an event that weekend…FYI we are are 400E/ night for 2 that weekend.

You cheeky monkey! You know its F1 race :joy:

2 Likes

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yep! Seems that hosts know better than pricing services do. :blush:

1 Like

@jaquo

It sounds like you know your market pretty well! :joy: For anyone else who doesn’t know how they should be pricing their listing(s), whether it’s during a big event or during low season, come talk to us! We’re always available to help @ www.usewheelhouse.com