I'm sick of writing reviews

they click on the stars and a drop down box will show it.

Ah thanks! Yes a change I wasn’t aware of I thought it just showed aggregates.

Another reason I do mostly short term stays and turn day stays longer than 10 days is I make more with the cleaning fee and also with more reviews you move up;I luckily have been no 1 in my city since I started 1 1/2 yrs ago and I think its because I have so many guests.I notice the people that host long term tend to drop down on airbnb,it affects where they place you.

1 Like

Hi @diamond54,

Yes, that sounds like an accurate observation. A site like Airbnb tends to reward activity. Lots of stays, lots of reviews. From Airbnb’s point of view, a long term stay does not equal activity.

I’ve had the opposite experience. Just relisted my place after a long term guest of 3 months. The listing was snoozed for 4 months, just went live again three days ago. Already fully booked for December. I’ve been getting numerous queries a day …

Hard work isn’t it. I am trying hard to get review from all the current guests to reach.superhost

1 Like

I was sick of writing review for a few months, what happened to me:

1. My listing went quiet and fewer inquiry ( not sure it to do with less interaction with guests so my ranking gone done or not
  2. Because I don’t write review so I give less love to my guests, and hardly work beyond just accommodation, more guests give me 4 stars instead of 5 star
  3. Most good experience guests forget to write review too ( if host write review to guests, it will encourage guests to write review) so what happened is good experience guests less likely to write review, whoever is pissed off by some tiny thing will write a shit review .
  4. Now I want to be a super host :), I need more 5 star review. But 5 star review only 69%, so I start work on it very hard , write everyone review in the same day they check out, my 5 star percentage go up to 76% within 1 month. And super host assessment period raised to 73% from 69%
  5. I do feel it bring me more inquiry. Don’t forget the more review you have the higher ranking airbnb will give to you.

I don’t know why but just feels like it’s time to try super host now, even just once, i want to see if it is possible to get super host for people have multiple listings and almost never meet guests in person . All together I have nearly 600 review . So it’s pretty hard but I am enjoying doing it and each one percent goes up can really makes my day.

Hi, I have a question: when guests do not review , my review of them never appears. Is it the other way round the same way?

No, theirs will appear. Sure your review never appears whether they left a review or not?

What do you mean by ‘snooze’? Do you just use the setting to block all days by default or is there a secret ‘snooze’ setting I haven’t been able to find?? :slight_smile:

I used to do this, now i got IB on again and i near die when i see what reviews some guests leave for other hosts, and dread them coming.

@SleepingInSeattle I guess it’s a button you haven’t found.

Thank you - I found it.k

I’ve been pondering this lately and was impressed by the replies… but am still undecided. We do reviews for everyone and will probably continue to do so. It seems like a nice pat on the back for our (almost 100%) great guests. And we feel good when we read their feedback – and have made changes in our home based on their private feedback. The only time we don’t do it has been when we just don’t like the person, even though they did nothing wrong.

I try to review every guest because IB filters can depend on the guest having a prior positive review. Like others on this thread I tend to use the same review for most with modifications for GREAT or BAD.

My standard wording is similar to others on this thread: XXXX communicated promptly and prolitely, asked reasonable questions, followed house rules, & left my unit clean & in good shape. I would gladly host a visit by XXXXX again.

For the guest who asked 50 million questions and/or complains about everything: XXXX wanted to throughly understand the rental and stayed in contact frequently with detailed questions. OR XXXX expressed concern that a lizard was on the exterior porch (yep that one is real!–it was probably after a palmetto bug)

I almost write a personalised review because;

1. I’ve had a decent guest and know reviews are important for them when trying to book something else. Why wouldn’t I want to help them with this?

2. There is something I want to flag about a guest to other hosts

I share my home so can always personalise the review and it takes less than a minute.

A post was split to a new topic: Irritating guests, what kind of review to leave?

No it’s fine to open a new topic. I’ll break it though. You can edit the title I think.

Sorry… looks like crossed at the same time. Can you move your question to the new topic?

Just was doing it! …