I'm pretty sure this is BS about the pet she wants to bring to my NO Pets space

But that’s just it. One bad experience and it can be hard to not be :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: about it in general.

My granddog was just here (an yeah, my eyes are still itching & I’m congested now). I LOVE her but good grief, she’s shedding right now. I’m having a heck of a time getting rid of the hair. There always seems to be “one more”. If this were my STR I’d be livid.

How can you trust folks not to do that to you? The last person who sneaked a dog in my place, honestly, left a poop pile and some small scratches I could paint over. The dog was small, w/o shed. It wasn’t a super big deal although still very inconsiderate.

1 Like

Airbnb policies directly conflict with my HOA requirements. I’m following my HOA. They had attorneys involved when they developed the policy.

Airbnb can shut down my listing on one platform. The HOA can shut me down forever and dis-allow rentals by me on any/all platforms.

I’m complying with my HOA & will deal with Airbnb if I need to later.

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s one Air should cancel so both host and guest are protected (no penalties and full refund).

This wasn’t like a pandemic travel restriction where we all know that’s highly possible. The bridge had been trouble free for 40 years.

Had dogs off and on all my life, and I have never had one relieve itself in the house.

I just don’t get it. Are these people just too lazy to take the dog for a walk? Does their dog poop in the house at home and they think that’s just something that you have to deal with if you have a dog?

Unless a dog is ill or injured, or it’s an untrained puppy, which they shouldn’t be bringing to an str, there’s zero excuse for a dog pooping inside.

1 Like

A couple years ago hurricane Matthew (maybe Michael) stayed and stayed and stayed so raining, raining raining. Flooding everywhere. My neighborhood is on a high spot (12 feet above sea level). My condo was fine, but you couldn’t get to it. Bridges onto the island were flooded & down to one lane open (out of 4).

Guests didn’t have a helicopter :sunglasses:so cancellation required. Guests messaged me about flooding & cancellation so I called Airbnb CSR. It was easily handled.

2 Likes

For sure, it should be an easy neutral cancellation. That these clueless CS reps, sitting at home in the Phillipines, are allowed to penalize hosts for something like this is outrageous.

I’ve worked with many Filipino nurses so I’m accustomed to the lyrical Tagalog accent but I still prefer doing all contact in messaging so written record. I think it is easier to escalate it to the supervisor too

I wasn’t referring to their accents, but to them not being willing to try to understand the legitimacy of a cancellation due to a disaster situation on the other side of the world.

Oh my, gosh!! I would not be all “it was no big deal” if that poop was inside my house.

I would have been out-of-my-mind livid about that. It was in the front yard. I was still ticked off about it. Stepping in poop is high on my trauma/phobia list. No bueno. Lucky for them I saw it before I stepped in it.

2 Likes

Ah, an outside poop. For sure they should have cleaned it up. But there are certainly plenty of hosts who’'ve found dog poop inside.

Noooooooooo! :face_vomiting: :scream:
Man, for me, cleaning up other people’s pet poop is up there with wiping some other persons butt (besides my own next of kin & that’s only ok because I feel obligated :sweat_smile:).

If it isn’t part of my job, no deal. My son works at a kennel in the summertime and it’s his job. Good for him.

Ok, I guess I clean people poop, but it’s in/on that gross box in the house @JohnF hates, and somehow I’m okay with that. But technically, it’s my job so :joy:

My mate has a helicopter, small one, but a genuine flying machine.

We’ve joked that he could actually land on our roof terrace, until he looked into it.

Apparently we’re in a restricted area due to various military bases (Inc a large US one) and without the relevant permissions he could be subject to extreme sanctions, or similar shit. He interpreted that as essentially they could shoot him down if they felt like it.

I then informed him that if my OH had washing out, and his gravity defying vanity vehicle sent it all flying down the street then he would be in so much shit.

His response, I’d rather take my chances with the Spanish Air force or the USMCA than your missus :rofl:

JF

1 Like

I was! Quick, Lyrical speech patterns can be difficult to understand. It took me a while to adapt to some of my co-workers way of speaking.

Similar but different the first few seasons of Swamp People, I totally understood what was said but History Channel subtitled most of the conversation. Apparently I had “skills”!