I'm not the local visitor bureau!

I try to include helpful info like that on my website as well as on my Facebook page. After getting the same questions over and over it prompted me to include that info. It saves me a lot of time.

Bahahahahaha! Yea @jaquo, you sound like such a slacker!

1 Like

I do the same with stuff here and there that I sell on craig’s list and eBay. I’m attempting the same strategy, albeit slow on my part, with hosting. With the former two, it does seem to help with silly questions, IF they bother to read the ad…

1 Like

Splendid! Cheered me no end. Reminds me of a comment last year that our country roads are too narrow. What do I do? Widen them?

1 Like

LOL, yes, it’s questions like this that makes hosts go, “hmmmm”

Pray tell, how did you answer them?

I sent her the city’s beach hotline phone number :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think Como was joking here. The guest didn’t deserve a refund.

I’ve had this too. Oddly enough, they were Airbnb hosts which made it even weirder. They ended up booking in the end and were nice enough people. I did have an older European couple who booked and expected us to be their travel agent once they were here. I directed them to our guidebook which they obviously hadn’t read. They got really specific about wanting a step-on step-off bus trip. They didn’t even know what they wanted to see. So I sent them a Trip Advisor link about the top ten bus tours to take in Hollywood. They weren’t happy with that and they said so in their review. I mean seriously, who comes to a major well known city and expect their Airbnb host to be their travel agent? I just put it down to something lost in the translation on Airbnb’s part of what you are getting as a guest. Or, maybe in their country that’s what’s expected from say, bed and breakfast owners…

When he’s paying a lot of money, I think the extra time spent, as he needs, is time well spent, as you say. He’s older, his money is important to him, and probably is rather new to the platform, wants to be sure he’s not squandering his cash.

1 Like

I also wonder if he booked with us because other hosts (he said he was looking at several in the area) didn’t respond to his questions?

2 Likes

saving these for sure

:rofl::joy:
Thanks for a great laugh!

Sorry, I guess I’m on the outside with @jaquo. I definitely don’t have any judgement on hosts who don’t enjoy it but, for me, it’s one of the fun parts of the job. The more unusual the activity they want to find or the more complicated travel from another place they need help with, the more fun it is for me. I worry more about the guests who don’t have any questions than the ones who ask them. I’m not without my limits, however, and really don’t like questions that go on and on about something they are clearly picky about it (should I just send a link to my actual AC unit and let you read about it? and, no, my home is not allergen-free and I’m not changing the detergent for you).

2 Likes

Be sure you include a direct book link on it! :wink:

1 Like

I think that was the point…